Forum Index > Trip Reports > Got chased out of the Rockies
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 8:25 pm 
The weather sucks all over! curse.gif Torrential rain, thunder and lightning, flooding rivers and creeks, and plenty of snow still up in the alpine. Had three straight days of rain but it cleared up just long enough to soak my sorrows away in Miette Hot Springs. I'm now licking my wounds in Edmonton where I'll do a little gear whoring and consider returning to another trail in Jasper when and if the weather clears.

Honey Badger Don't Care!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Davidą
Token Canadian

Davidą
Token Canadian
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 8:34 pm 
I feel for you - see 2004 ditto.gif 2003 ditto.gif 2002 ditto.gif 2001 ditto.gif 2000 Two weekends in a row without the baby & they both sucked. Weather forecast is fantastic now that they are coming back. Kasey may get her first car camping experience very soon - whether she likes it or not. Thinking Rainier...how hard is it to get a spot mid-week?

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 8:45 pm 
LOL Got to check out some trails south of Barkerville. I really want to return there next year and explore that area in more detail....great meadow and ridge hiking on decent trails with virtually no people. I'm sure it would be fantastic if the clouds were to ever lift.

Honey Badger Don't Care!
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 8:53 pm 
Quote:
The weather sucks all over!
Well, not everywhere. For once, I hit it right and the weather was perfect in Utah the past week. Not one day of rain or thunderstorms. I spent from July first through yesterday covering a good chunk of the state from the La Sals, the Henry's, and the Uintahs. Great weather. The first rain I hit was today as I entered Oregon from the Idaho border near Ontario.

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
Tazz

Tazz
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 8:57 pm 
CascadeHiker wrote:
Quote:
The weather sucks all over!
Well, not everywhere. For once, I hit it right and the weather was perfect in Utah the past week. Not one day of rain or thunderstorms. I spent from July first through yesterday covering a good chunk of the state from the La Sals, the Henry's, and the Uintahs. Great weather. The first rain I hit was today as I entered Oregon from the Idaho border near Ontario.
ok.... don't tease me where is the TR and pics:rant: winksmile.gif

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 9:14 pm 
Tazz, I'll get a TR with pics up in a day or two but I'm a bit bushed from driving home from near the Colorado / Utah border last night. A few highlights: 12 peaks including two in the La Sals (Peale and Waas), Mt. Ellen in the Henry's, Naomi Peak above Logan Utah as well as a bunch more. I also did the Burr Trail (a must do), Hell's Backbone, Natural Bridges National Monument, Arches Nat'l Park and a ton of driving on dirt roads including some that were hard core 4WD (not intentionally) My son in law called it his "Dream of a lifetime trip" but I'm afraid I wore the youngster out. He was also exposed to "dirt bag camping" (meaning sleeping at trailheads or places that had no facilities of any kind, something he had never done before) I promise, TR and pics soon. smile.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 9:22 pm 
Hiker Boy wrote:
The weather sucks all over! curse.gif Had three straight days of rain but it cleared up just long enough to soak my sorrows away in Miette Hot Springs.
I remember Miette Hot Springs up.gif up.gif Good times agree.gif