Forum Index > Trail Talk > Scenic Hiking trail near seattle !!!!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
stonecreek

stonecreek
PostThu Aug 18, 2005 9:58 am 
Ok so i wanted to know if anyone could reccomend a scenic hiking trail about 2 to 3 miles long about an an hour away from downtown seattle My friends in from la and he wanted to go hiking so i need some help Thanks scott

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DayveeB

DayveeB
PostThu Aug 18, 2005 10:48 am 
Something short, easy, close to Seattle, with a decent view? Maybe Rattle Snake Ledge or Little Si. They are both less than an hour from Seattle (they're in North Bend area) - and they are both about 2 miles long. Rattle Snake Ledge is fun to do after work if I don't feel like staying in Seattle.

"We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us." - Charles Bukowski
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu Aug 18, 2005 11:01 am 
Snow Lake is the obvious introductory hike in that bracket. Much more scenic than Rattlesnake or Si.

stonecreek

stonecreek
PostThu Aug 18, 2005 11:46 am 
where is snow lake located at

Tazz

Tazz
PostThu Aug 18, 2005 12:07 pm 
I think this is the snow lake that SF is speaking of snow lake here is a trip report by Slugman I am sure there are other TR's for it here but this is the first one i came across. Trip report

EdgarDog

EdgarDog
PostThu Aug 18, 2005 1:55 pm 
I would do Annette Lake...its a few miles closer than Snow Lake is, and the hike is a bit easier. The lake is pretty and there is plenty of shade to get out of the summer heat. It was the first hike I went on this summer, and I liked it very much. To get there you take exit 47 off of I-90, hang a left, and there should be some signs to pick up biggrin.gif Anyway, Snow Lake is good as well...can't go wrong either way, but I did them both in the same week and I think Annette is the best start one!

touron

touron
PostThu Aug 18, 2005 10:04 pm 
EdgarDog is right up.gif , but EdgarDog is also wrong down.gif (he stepped on a bees nest and is still befuddled). Annette is nice, and easier, but if your friend is coming up from LA, and only has one hike to do, I would make it Snow Lake--slightly more exertion but worth it...also, if you still have extra energy you can hoof it another 2 miles (or is it shorter?) from Snow Lake to Gem Lake, which is also a worthy destination. up.gif up.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostFri Aug 19, 2005 10:50 am 
If you live in N. Seattle there are several excellent scenic hikes along US2 that are reachable in a hour or so drive. Lake Serene near Index is a awesome hike with waterfalls and gorgeous lake. Much easier and closer is Wallace Falls near Goldbar.

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles