Forum Index > Trail Talk > Mountain art demo in Stanwood Saturday
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
rhughes
Painter

rhughes
Painter
PostTue Oct 11, 2005 3:08 pm 
Some folks were interested in my artist-in-residence gig at Glacier Park this summer and wondered if I ever did demos. This Saturday I'll be doing an artist-in-action session from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the AAUW show in Stanwood. If you are in the area an interested, stop by and say hello. Here's the skinny: http://stanwoodcamanoarts.com/events.htm I still hope to do a talk at the Snohomish Library in December to accompany my show there.

rhughes Painter Author of North Cascades Beautiful: An Artist's View Author of 100 Beautiful Views of Glacier National Park RoyEHughes.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue Oct 11, 2005 3:17 pm 
!!!!!!!!!

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Oct 11, 2005 8:19 pm 
I'd skip a day of hiking to be there, but I can't miss a day of work. frown.gif I still have hopes for the December gig. If it's on a Sunday, you can count on it.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Oct 16, 2005 9:37 am 
Frankm3 and I dropped in to visit with RHughes in Stanwood yesterday. What a wonderful man! We enjoyed talking to him about his artist-in-residence gig in Glacier National Park, and seeing the wonderful art cards he created there, and those of our local beloved places in N Cascades National Park, the proposed Wild Sky Wilderness area, as well as other Western Washington lakes and peaks. His artwork brings to mind the National Park posters from the 1920's and 1930's. He was kind enough to demonstrate to us how he creates the work, and he gave me a finished product, of Signal Mtn in Glacier, one I picked as my among my favorites (I had several favorites). Mr. Hughes will post more information on upcoming events (Snohomish, I think?). We can make a field trip out of it! I hope to see RHughes art cards of Washington in stores and local ranger stations soon. We enjoyed the work of the other artists there as well!

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
ree

ree
PostSun Oct 16, 2005 12:26 pm 
Hey, I really like his work too. Definitely, I'd love updates on upcoming events. up.gif