Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > typical guy question
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sir_vent

sir_vent
PostWed Jan 25, 2006 11:05 pm 
so I'm lookin for girls who like to backpack and hike, (I used to backpack with my ex and it was super fun and romantic and all). Here's a question I bet is on every single outdoorsy guys mind: Where do I find cute backpacker/hiker girls my age (in their 20's)? biggrin.gif Now I've been climbing some hard routes for a year or two and there really arent many girls into that! Also none in my engineering department at UW... Apperently, from the pictures on the website, it appears the seattle mountaineers singles club is actually all people in their late 30's...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Jan 25, 2006 11:09 pm 
you hike all the i90 trails a lot, picking the busiest and you ski or snowboard a lot. the rest will solve itself

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Jan 25, 2006 11:25 pm 
No women in the engineering department? I'm shocked! lol.gif As far as where to find hiker girls, maybe you can make your own so to speak. Find a girl who is in good physical shape and turn her on to hiking. I think you are on the right track, though, as I believe hiker girls are less "high maintenance" and just overall more cool than non-hikers. Good luck! biggrin.gif

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 12:23 am 
sir_vent wrote:
so I'm lookin for girls who like to backpack and hike, (I used to backpack with my ex and it was super fun and romantic and all). Here's a question I bet is on every single outdoorsy guys mind: Where do I find cute backpacker/hiker girls my age (in their 20's)? biggrin.gif
You ever find the answer to that question, there are three or four of us on this board that would love to know where and how. I've met a few girls that will tolerate a shorter hike, and like to camp (lounging car camping style) but very very few (hot girls) that are interested in backpacking. Maybe I just need to hang around Eddie Bauer or The North Face or one of those trendy psuedo-outdoor outfitter stores more.

Overlander
a.k.a. Trailjunky

Overlander
a.k.a. Trailjunky
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 12:37 am 
Slugman wrote:
As far as where to find hiker girls, maybe you can make your own so to speak. Find a girl who is in good physical shape and turn her on to hiking. I think you are on the right track, though, as I believe hiker girls are less "high maintenance" and just overall more cool than non-hikers. Good luck! biggrin.gif
I used to have that dream. doof.gif Good luck! up.gif

Sticker on the back of my 1970 Volkswagen Westfalia: Jesus Is My Airbag
Aztec

Aztec
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 12:51 am 
LunchBox73 wrote:
Slugman wrote:
As far as where to find hiker girls, maybe you can make your own so to speak. Find a girl who is in good physical shape and turn her on to hiking. I think you are on the right track, though, as I believe hiker girls are less "high maintenance" and just overall more cool than non-hikers. Good luck! biggrin.gif
I used to have that dream. doof.gif Good luck! up.gif
I've ran into what I like to call Forest Service Angels......after hiking with a group of dirty sweaty guys I remember turning the corner and there they were 3 of them. eek.gif slobber.gif eyes.gif ace.gif If your lucky you might just meet one.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
mgd

mgd
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 12:52 am 
sir_vent, I understand your vent on this matter. When I was in highschool I remember a classmate who got some literature from Devry Institute. It showed all these cute girls and stuff. He ended up going there and when I saw him later he said, "The brochure showed all these girls, but when I got there, there were hardly any girls on campus!" My guess is all the girls were doing their labs or some such and didn't have time to wander the campus grounds. Anywho, a look at their webpage today shows... lol.gif My suggestion is try Mt. Sis, or Tigress Mountain, or the North Fork of the Sock Hop. But do not try Devry. hmmm.gif

Andrew

Andrew
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 12:55 am 
I've come across a few attractive girls who have said they were into hiking. But later I found out that they just said it because it sounded "cool". Most girls like the idea of hiking until they factor in that it involves sweating for a prolonged period of time. Nevertheless, I still have hope. I cross paths with this "rare breed" once every blue moon in the natural environment.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 1:16 am 
this is all why you make a crowded hike a regular trip, you meet your quarry in it's natural element

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 1:37 am 
Funny, I never have a problem finding attractive single female hiking partners...but then, being a happily married old guy, I'm never really looking...although I truly appreciate a female perspective on trips. As to where to find em...hang out up at Yellow Aster Butte.

Honey Badger Don't Care!
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 2:59 am 
It's actually harder than you might think for a woman to find a guy who is interested in hiking. There are oodles of single girls around this website--though most of us are a little, uh, older. wheelchair.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 3:24 am 
Enigma wrote:
I've come across a few attractive girls who have said they were into hiking. But later I found out that they just said it because it sounded "cool". Most girls like the idea of hiking until they factor in that it involves sweating for a prolonged period of time.
And the delicious (yet sad) irony of this fact is that a LOT of younger women either like to get up at the crack of all too early to go running, or go to gyms to run on a treadmill or a stairclimber. rolleyes.gif

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 8:16 am 
In our hiking group, we have the opposite-too many women, not enough men many times. But it works out great for single guys-a number of them have met and paired up over the years. Main thing is they weren't looking for a lady friend (or at least played it cool enough wink.gif ) and that makes most women more relaxed. What women don't like is being hunted by a guy-who is just looking for someone to date, etc. And I know it is corny-but you will find someone if you quit looking. It worked for me, and many I know. And I actually found a hiking boyfriend. PS: Why are there more "older" ladies out there? Because you start caring less about what others think by the time you near 30. I hiked in my early 20's but I was to caught up in life before that. Most of the ladies in our group are mid 20's and up. Out of college, have a job, and control their time. Go on outings with groups-but not single's groups-that is like going to a bar! Find an athletic female who you like being around and see if she'd like to start hiking. Ask female friends if they have friends you should know about. Do some work-get out there.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
SlowWalker
Perma-grinner

SlowWalker
Perma-grinner
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 9:29 am 
sir_vent wrote:
Here's a question I bet is on every single outdoorsy guys mind: Where do I find cute backpacker/hiker girls my age (in their 20's)? biggrin.gif
Sorry, Sir Vent. I've already married her tongue.gif

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 9:37 am 
Slugman wrote:
This method worked for me! Mrs. Polecat was a newly-relocated California beach girl (woman), a friend's sister-in-law, and one day I suggested we all go for a hike. Mt. Pilchuck. She thought she was going to die, I kept saying the top was "just up the hill and around the corner", and it progressed from there! She is very "low-maintenance" and now loves to hike, backpack, mountain bike, X-C, snowshoe, kayak, etc, none of which she had done before moving here. Luckily, she has always had an adventurous spirit! Maybe you can just talk a date into going hiking with you! Pick a hike that's incredibly beautiful and not too difficult, and try not to introduce her hiking in the rain too soon. clown.gif

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf