Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > typical guy question
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gyngve

gyngve
PostThu Feb 09, 2006 5:14 pm 
sir_vent wrote:
Where do I find cute backpacker/hiker girls my age (in their 20's)? biggrin.gif
Where do I find the secret untracked powder stashes that are in the Snoqualmie Pass area? moon.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Feb 09, 2006 5:14 pm 
gyngve wrote:
I heard a rumor that the president of the UWCC gets cute backpacker/hiker girls all the time.
See, I heard that guy was so hung up on how good any potential dates were at math that there were no candidates who could meet his standards. Oh wait, wrong forum. tongue.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Feb 09, 2006 5:15 pm 
Seattle ranks in the top 5 in this study, go figure. suuure.gif http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/DatingCities.aspx

gyngve

gyngve
PostThu Feb 09, 2006 5:20 pm 
marylou wrote:
gyngve wrote:
I heard a rumor that the president of the UWCC gets cute backpacker/hiker girls all the time.
See, I heard that guy was so hung up on how good any potential dates were at math that there were no candidates who could meet his standards. Oh wait, wrong forum. tongue.gif
First of all, I was being tongue-in-cheek over there. Second, that wasn't the point. I was trying to secretly find a replacement so that I can retire. But you ruined it for me.

gyngve

gyngve
PostThu Feb 09, 2006 5:45 pm 
sir_vent wrote:
so I'm lookin for girls who like to backpack and hike, (I used to backpack with my ex and it was super fun and romantic and all). Here's a question I bet is on every single outdoorsy guys mind: Where do I find cute backpacker/hiker girls my age (in their 20's)? biggrin.gif
You forgot to add: and she owns a car too. tongue.gif

touron

touron
PostThu Feb 09, 2006 8:42 pm 
Well, I was at the mall yesterday (Southcenter-Westfield), and it may not be every guy's idea of hiking but there were plenty of ladies there. I could chart a trail of sorts on where to hike your hike there to yield the most promising results if there is interest. I recommend starting at Mervin's, since I am usually able to find a parking sport close to the door and no trail pass required. Also, if you are lost, you can buy a cell phone and call for help. The Rain Forest Cafe looks like a good place to camp, and there is a stream nearby, but also dangerous appearing reptiles.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostThu Feb 09, 2006 11:03 pm 
touron wrote:
Well, I was at the mall yesterday (Southcenter-Westfield), and it may not be every guy's idea of hiking but there were plenty of ladies there. I could chart a trail of sorts on where to hike your hike there to yield the most promising results if there is interest. I recommend starting at Mervin's, since I am usually able to find a parking sport close to the door and no trail pass required. Also, if you are lost, you can buy a cell phone and call for help. The Rain Forest Cafe looks like a good place to camp, and there is a stream nearby, but also dangerous appearing reptiles.
Standin there in the middle of the mall in full poly garb, with the pack, poles, and a BD headlamp on the forehead, oh yeah, chick magnet allright, how'd that work out for ya ?

touron

touron
PostThu Feb 09, 2006 11:47 pm 
Unfortunately I had applied to much DEET. shakehead.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Feb 10, 2006 12:09 am 
Ed the Biped wrote:
She figures at least I'm not out in bars getting loaded ..... if I'm in the mountains.
Tanja figures it's better for me to be in the mountains getting loaded than getting loaded at home! lol.gif But the result is the same: perhaps not exactly "support" for my hobby, but at least no resistance to it.

Starjumper7
Human

Starjumper7
Human
PostFri Feb 10, 2006 2:25 am 
sir_vent wrote:
Where do I find cute backpacker/hiker girls my age (in their 20's)?
I saw one on Mt. Si once. She was Hot, Sizzlin'! I like the way their faces get sort of flushed and they breath hard.

kiliki

kiliki
PostFri Feb 10, 2006 10:26 am 
I didn't read this whole thread, so this has probably already been suggested, but think about doing some kind of laid back personal ad to find women who like to hike and backpack. It seems like the only way couples meet anymore is through personals like in the Stranger, so I wouldn't worry about it being a weird thing to do. Even if you can't find someone quite as hard core as you, it still seems like it would be nice to have someone to do "regular" hikes and backpack trips with. When I was single and in my 20s I usually hiked alone and would have loved hiking boyfriends but I never seemed to meet outdoorsy guys. When I hike now, I see solo and groups of young-ish women. So, they are out there.

Jamin Smitchger

Jamin Smitchger
PostSat Feb 11, 2006 9:20 pm 
So how many of you girls out there do real hikes (offtrail). I bet most of you do not (with the exception of a few). You can find plenty of women on easy trails such as wallace falls, barclay lake, lake serene, etc., but I bet that only a few hike offtrail as a rule. Repeat, I KNOW THERE ARE SOME EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. I usually never see anybody when I go on offtrail hikes so I really cannot prove this rule to be true, but does anybody agree with this hypothesis. smile.gif

polarbear

polarbear
PostSat Feb 11, 2006 9:22 pm 
How would one ever determine this? If you are off trail, you will rarely encounter anyone (if you did, you would be on trail). There could be multitudes of off-trails lady hikers, and we would never know. shakehead.gif

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSat Feb 11, 2006 9:28 pm 
I never see anyone but my traveling companions when I am hiking off the trail.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Jamin Smitchger

Jamin Smitchger
PostSat Feb 11, 2006 9:30 pm 
Yes, but in theory, do you agree with me. Hint, One way to guage how many women climbers are out there is by the amount of trip reports from men vs women. smile.gif http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/tripreports.php?Cat=0