Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Idiot driver vent
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 4:12 pm 
Coming back from town just now on 542, I came rounded a curve only to find a dark brown SUV in my lane, heading straight for me. Apparently this genius decided it was a great idea to pass a logging truck on a blind curve/hill combo, only so he could get stopped behind a school bus. It's raining buckets, there's standing water on the road and branches scattered around from the wind storm last night. What exactly about those conditions makes tearing down the road at 70 mph a good idea?!!!! Never mind the passing blind fiasco! Thank God this was part of the hwy that has a shoulder to bail onto! So, to all the idiot drivers out there, SLOW DOWN! There's nothing worth risking everybody's life over. Just chill, drive appropriate to the weather conditions, and get to town (work, appointment, whatever...) when you do. If you flaked and didn't allow extra time for lousy road conditions, then suck it up and be late - don't endanger me and everyone else on the road! curse.gif And another thing while I'm at it, pull over for the ding dang ambulance already! They don't drive around with the sirens blazing for laughs. If that was you, or a family member, in that ambulance you'd want everyone out of the fricking way so they could get you to the emergency room. So show some respect and clear the way for them.

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 4:30 pm 
JenJen, you need to add more swear words. Relative to Newt's classic, your vent sounds more like Ned Flanders. embarassedlaugh.gif

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 4:56 pm 
Well, I know it's a family board and all. I'm just trying to save you some editing work. I can go back and add some if you want. wink.gif

Dante

Dante
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 5:14 pm 
What color is ML's SUV? wink.gif By the way, are swear words OK if we use the nmad esrever function?

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 5:48 pm 
Dante wrote:
What color is ML's SUV? wink.gif By the way, are swear words OK if we use the nmad esrever function?
Ya, come to think of it that does fit her M.O.. hockeygrin.gif See what happens when somebody sells their soul and buys an SUV.... They're never the same.....

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 6:11 pm 
It was definitely not ML. I didn't recognize the vehicle (or I'd be giving them this rant in person).

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 6:15 pm 
jenjen wrote:
he
what a sexist load of crappola....men are every bit as good drivers as women....some much better.....generalizations of this sort about gender belong here clown.gif

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 6:41 pm 
Tom wrote:
JenJen, you need to add more swear words. Relative to Newt's classic, your vent sounds more like Ned Flanders. embarassedlaugh.gif
Classic? Does that make me famous? Dang, I didn't think I'd reach any kind of status 'till I had a genuine Billy Gibbons style beard. It's too bad drivers are getting the way they are. Seems like the last time I seen the majority of drivers driving in a sane manner was right after 911. It seemed to have brought us together and let us think about life. We slowed down. Then, something else happened.

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
mgd

mgd
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 9:14 pm 
Tom wrote:
jenjen wrote:
he
what a sexist load of crappola....men are every bit as good drivers as women....some much better.....generalizations of this sort about gender belong here clown.gif
What do you mean?
Quote:
Apparently this genius decided it was a great idea to pass a logging truck on a blind curve/hill combo, only so he could get stopped behind a school bus.
Only a man could do this and survive. paranoid.gif clown.gif

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 9:19 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Ya, come to think of it that does fit her M.O.. hockeygrin.gif.
If you really are a fellow motorcyclist as you say you are, you probably know how motorcyclists drive, and her description definitely ain't it. shakehead.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostThu Feb 02, 2006 9:22 am 
Tom wrote....
Quote:
what a sexist load of crappola....
Tom...you took the words right outta my mouth...( is outta really a word???) Jen....remember the immortal words of Mark Twain. "When angry...count to ten. When very angry.....swear....." (Glad you're o.k....) up.gif hockeygrin.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Feb 02, 2006 10:46 am 
marylou wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Ya, come to think of it that does fit her M.O.. hockeygrin.gif.
If you really are a fellow motorcyclist as you say you are, you probably know how motorcyclists drive, and her description definitely ain't it. shakehead.gif
Yes Im a motorcyclist, and it was a joke. Besides, were we speaking of motorcycles? Hmm.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Dante

Dante
PostThu Feb 02, 2006 10:50 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Yes Im a motorcyclist, and it was a joke. Besides, were we speaking of motorcycles? Hmm.
You should have posted the photo taken in front of my dad's house in '86, BPJ. You know, the one in which you're sporting turquoise boat shoes. wink.gif lol.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Feb 02, 2006 11:02 am 
Dante wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
You should have posted the photo taken in front of my dad's house in '86, BPJ. You know, the one in which you're sporting turquoise boat shoes. wink.gif lol.gif
Im sure that I dont know what you're talking about! And I certainly dont have any pictures of that! huh.gif hockeygrin.gif huh.gif That's actually the only picture I have with me on one of my bikes.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am 
Who wants to wager on who (ML or BPJ) will stop rambling about their vehicles first? hihi.gif