Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Why don't we adopt a cabin?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cajunhiker

cajunhiker
PostThu Feb 16, 2006 1:46 am 
We could find, borrow, rent, expropriate or build a small cabin with minimal amenities and block out times for our use.... eek.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostThu Feb 16, 2006 2:50 am 
That subject has been talked about in past threads, but never came to any conclusion. I saw a post earlier this winter for some mine land for sale above Monte Cristo I don't know if this was sold or not. You would have to find some private land or build a temporary site. Silver Creek out of Index has private land and is a out of the way wilderness area that not too many use. That area is the first one that comes to mind. Hey, I have a log house shell done and if you want to got nuts on that I'm way back in the woods on a nice lake, close to the mountains........smile.gif

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles
Justan

Justan
PostThu Feb 16, 2006 10:33 am 
There is a kind of organization used for group endeavors called “Mondragon cooperatives.” These offer a means for groups to share the profits of business ventures equally but it would work as well for a group acquiring a cabin. By employing this kind of co-op, the building and maintainance costs could be shared among a large group, yet ownership or occupancy would be shared equally. If you have some time to spare, it’s worth the effort to reading about this kind of organization … http://www.sfworlds.com/linkworld/mondragon.html

-Justan Elk