Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Favorite doughnut?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostWed May 03, 2006 9:22 pm 
Donuts do not taste the same after tucking in French baked goods. Gimme a pain au chocolat any day. I'm heading back to France this summer to work on my spare tyre again, which is looking a bit flat.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed May 03, 2006 9:42 pm 
Hey...I used to subsist on milk, pain au chocolat and the mint-filled chocolate Lindt bars. I somehow managed to lose weight on that diet. Forgot to mention them last time, but my mother's French Breakfast Puffs put any doughnut to shame.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
touron

touron
PostWed May 03, 2006 10:29 pm 
RollerPair wrote:
Donuts do not taste the same after tucking in French baked goods. Gimme a pain au chocolat any day. I'm heading back to France this summer to work on my spare tyre again, which is looking a bit flat.
What city in France do you keep the spare tire? Reparis?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostThu May 04, 2006 4:45 am 
Admin Note: The contents of this post were lost in a database crash.

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
tennessee treader

tennessee treader
PostThu May 04, 2006 9:55 am 
I love the supersized Viking donuts from the Poulsbo Bakery. dizzy.gif

baseball and hiking ... that's life!
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostThu May 04, 2006 11:08 am 
touron wrote:
RollerPair wrote:
Yeah, and my shorts are purchased in Toulouse.

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostThu May 04, 2006 11:31 am 
There's a group here at work who take turns bringing in donuts once a week. Actually, Thursdays, so there's a big box over near the coffee pot right now. I'll admit, sometimes they do smell good...but then I just close my eyes and repeat the mantra, "lardy dough cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oil" and the craving goes away in no time.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostThu May 04, 2006 12:21 pm 
Honey's Donuts - Deep Cove (North Vancouver) BC they are pipin' fresh many times a day. the company sponsors many local races (running, mtb, kayaking) and is very active in the community. and their donuts are a-ma-zing

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu May 04, 2006 12:59 pm 
Oooo, I just remembered this place on the NW side of the Seattle Center - no idea where exactly off the top of my head, its between Denny and Mercer, west of 3rd. Anyway, they make Snitters (sp?) that are to DIE FOR.

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostThu May 04, 2006 1:20 pm 
kleet wrote:
I'll admit, sometimes they do smell good...but then I just close my eyes and repeat the mantra, "lardy dough cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oil" and the craving goes away in no time.
Smart man, that stuff can kill ya.. Occasionally I choose to clog my arteries with some of that hydrogenated vegetable oil in the form of cinnamon cake donuts and good ol fashioned glazed...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dizzy.gif

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
touron

touron
PostThu May 04, 2006 11:07 pm 
RollerPair wrote:
touron wrote:
RollerPair wrote:
Yeah, and my shorts are purchased in Toulouse.
Wow, your shorts are off the Chartres!

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostFri May 05, 2006 12:13 pm 
Funny you should mention Chartres. I'm reading the a book on the stained glass at the local cathedral. Basically its a "Classics Illustrated" set of bible stories. Except there's no subtitles, supertitles, or intra/inter-titles. It's a major pane in the glass of biblical propositions.

el touron de Seattle

el touron de Seattle
PostFri May 05, 2006 8:39 pm 
Har! The last sub title I read was by Tom Clancy! uhh.gif Wait, I haven't read any of his books. I was Lyons big time, I fib you not! The last sub book I read must have been Secret Under the Sea back in 4th grade (good book too). How does one read a book about stained glass with no subtitles? bawl.gif If a picture is worth 10,000 words, is a picture of stained glass worth 100,000, or perhaps, 1,000,000??? up.gif If you want to see nice stained glass, check out the stained glass of the Cathedral of St. John's in Le Boise, Idaho. Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Justan

Justan
PostSat May 06, 2006 10:30 am 
RollerPair wrote:
Funny you should mention Chartres. I'm reading the a book on the stained glass at the local cathedral. Basically its a "Classics Illustrated" set of bible stories. Except there's no subtitles, supertitles, or intra/inter-titles. It's a major pane in the glass of biblical propositions.
I remember many moons ago I think it was National Lampoon did an expose on using ice climbing equipment to forge ancients on ancient stained glass windows. The author’s words of the thrill of his ice axe and crampons biting into the 800+ year old hand crafted glass at Chartres cathedral was outrageous and brilliant!* *...Not that we'd want anyone to actually do something like that

-Justan Elk
Toonces
unleashed

Toonces
unleashed
PostSat May 06, 2006 12:07 pm 
The great philosopher Homer J. Simpson put it best" "I never met a donut I didn't like." wub.gif

If you show fear, a monkey will bully you.