Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Al Gore on SNL
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
SlowWalker
Perma-grinner

SlowWalker
Perma-grinner
PostWed May 17, 2006 9:46 am 
Al Gore is a funny guy. Imagining alternative histories is also fun: http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/14.html#a8280 That site contains a link "video" to watch Al Gore's SNL appearance last week.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed May 17, 2006 11:34 am 
Must we have a weekly appearance of political threads here? Take it to the devil's club.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
SlowWalker
Perma-grinner

SlowWalker
Perma-grinner
PostWed May 17, 2006 12:09 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
Must we have a weekly appearance of political threads here? Take it to the devil's club.
Why be so defensive? This is comedy, not politics.

Jeepasaurusrex

Jeepasaurusrex
PostWed May 17, 2006 2:18 pm 
Na na na... ya got it all wrong... Politics IS Comedy. hockeygrin.gif

"I would like to see things from your point of view, but I cannot get my head that far up my butt"
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed May 17, 2006 3:44 pm 
It's really funny. I don't think it's inappropriate over here either, it's just a fake news clip from SNL. rolleyes.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Damian

Damian
PostWed May 17, 2006 4:21 pm 
Positions taken within the context of appropriateness banter are clearly motivated by the authors political alignment and therefore qualify as politics. As such, comments about the appropriateness of posts are political commentary and are therefore inappropriate. (There. I found a clever way to join the "appropriateness" thought toilet trainers moon.gif )

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed May 17, 2006 5:28 pm 
Goat is right. There is nothing "funny" about Al Gore. There is nothing not political about Al Gore. Take it to the DC!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed May 17, 2006 5:34 pm 
ykm.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed May 17, 2006 5:36 pm 
i guess at this point the only thing to do is test the water in a similarly 'non political' way. i'll think of something appropriate.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
mgd

mgd
PostWed May 17, 2006 6:48 pm 
Good grief, he invented the internet. This is like going to a beach and kicking sand at the lifeguard. shakehead.gif

David¹
Token Canadian

David¹
Token Canadian
PostWed May 17, 2006 6:50 pm 
This isn't like Colbert - this is really over the top. Al Gore is making fun of himself as well as the current president - that's pretty balanced.

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
gary

gary
PostWed May 17, 2006 6:57 pm 
Still politically based though. Personally, I think Gore is hilarious - in a dumb&dumber way. Goat, go for it. Last person that did that got banned...

Spotly

Spotly
PostWed May 17, 2006 8:54 pm 
Providing a link to someone discussing politics (jokes or other) is no different than discussing politics. I listened to this and didn't see anything the least bit "balanced" about it. It was 3 minutes and 56 seconds of slamming the current administration under the guise of comedy, 3 seconds joking about his "invention" and 3 seconds of introducing SLN. We can put cute little emoticons to indicate that anyone who thinks this is a potitical post must be an idiot or too sensitive, but that's like spraying a dog turd with air freshener - it's still a turd.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed May 17, 2006 9:32 pm 
But one of the people complaining is responsible for the majority of the political nonsense being dumped onto this site! And as far as humor being exempt from the politics rule, I don't think it should be either, but in reality it sometimes is. Don't believe me? Go read the "bumperstickers" thread, and tell me that thread shouldn't have been deep-sixed after the first few posts, if there really is a 100% ban on all political talk, humorous or otherwise.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed May 17, 2006 10:03 pm 
Spotly wrote:
I listened to this and didn't see anything the least bit "balanced" about it. It was 3 minutes and 56 seconds of slamming the current administration under the guise of comedy, 3 seconds joking about his "invention" and 3 seconds of introducing SLN.
I don't believe that is accurate. He took plenty of shots at himself and the left, plenty. Glaciers attacking Maine and Michigan? California now a part of Mexico (Mexifornia)? Are those things happening now (a shot at Bush if they are), or would they only be happening if he had been elected in this fantasy sketch (a shot at the left)? Like it or not, think it's appropriate or not, completely balanced or not, it definitely was not so completely one-sided as you are claiming.