Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > It Takes a Train to Cry
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Damian

Damian
PostWed May 24, 2006 2:07 pm 
Folk revivalist new traditionalist pop rock country gospel blender. Pontificator of matters of the heart, mind, and soul. Peddler of the philosophical and the absurd. A national treasure and oddity. From conscientious to stream of conscience, the influence Bob Dylan has had on popular music is astounding. His early works set the stage for the 1960’s folk revival on the eve of massive social upheaval. His protest works tag the artistic cornerstones of an era of rebellion with the likes of Blowing in the Wind and the haunting Masters of War. His enduring stream of genius punctuated with interludes of fun and nonsense like Quinn the Eskimo and Maggie’s farm. His geeky stature, wirey frame and oblique intellectual saunters concealed deeper philosophical and romantic visions that surface in My Back Pages, If You See Her, Say Hello, and Just Like a Woman. They don’t make em like Bob Dylan anymore. But the times continue to change. Happy 65th Bob.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
touron

touron
PostSun May 28, 2006 9:53 pm 
Seven days, seven more days she'll be comin' I'll be waiting at the station for her to arrive Seven more days, all I gotta do is survive. She been gone ever since I been a child Ever since I seen her smile, I ain't forgotten her eyes. She had a face that could outshine the sun in the skies. I been good, I been good while I been waitin' Maybe guilty of hesitatin', I just been holdin' on Seven more days, all that'll be gone. There's kissing in the valley, Thieving in the alley, Fighting every inch of the way. Trying to be tender With somebody I remember In a night that's always brighter'n the day. Seven days, seven more days that are connected Just like I expected, she'll be comin' on forth, My beautiful comrade from the north. There's kissing in the valley, Thieving in the alley, Fighting every inch of the way. Trying to be tender With somebody I remember In a night that's always brighter'n the day.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message