Forum Index > Trip Reports > Taylor River, Otter Falls, Big Creek to Snoqualmie junction
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Karen

Karen
PostWed Jun 28, 2006 7:57 pm 
A long lazy hike today along the Taylor River trail, stopped off at the usual "touron" spots, the new bridge over Martin Creek, Otter Falls, Big Creek Falls (the infamous bridge in the middle of nowhere) and made it up to the junction for Snoqualmie/Nordrun Lake. Lots of interesting side-trips and alluring paths to ??? Who knows? Wish we'd had more time, would liked to have continue to Snoqualmie Lake and have NEVER been to Nordrun. Per "Trail Talk" we watched a guy climb across the cliffs as if he were seriously contemplating riding down the chute into the lake. He paused for a long time (he was with two pretty teenage girls), then carefully backed off. We were glad of that. I don't swim but it looked like a pretty dangerous plunge to me. Karen
Today, June 28, 2006
Today, June 28, 2006
From a bridge in the middle of nowhere
From a bridge in the middle of nowhere

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jun 28, 2006 8:10 pm 
Nice report Karen. By the way, they call them Otter Tail SLIDES for a reason. Use a blue foam pad and you can hit 20mph before you hit the water. It's called FUN Karen. That's why we do that kind of stuff.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Karen

Karen
PostWed Jun 28, 2006 8:21 pm 
Thanks, BPJ I envy you guys that can play in the water, I really do but I'll always be a land-lubber I fear. However, I love "playing" on rocks and love to scramble. By the way, this young guy was GOOD on the rocks, we watched him scuttle across those cliffs like an ant. Amazing! But it still scared me to watch him and I still don't think it's an activity that most would want to pursue ... Slugman, Thanks for the comment on the photo. I kept cropping and cropping to try to get a sense of perspective and this was my best shot at that. Karen There are all sorts of "unmentionable" places to visit up in that neck of the woods .... I'll be back but don't look for me on the cliffs at Otter Falls lol.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jun 28, 2006 8:46 pm 
Miss. Karen, I might suggest a Nordrum to Rock, to Lunker, to Hi-Lo to Green Ridge lake. Then drop down to the middle fork road. Do a park your car at the middle fork loca, get dropped off at the Taylor business.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Karen

Karen
PostWed Jun 28, 2006 9:14 pm 
BPJ, How long would such a trek take? Remember I'm older and slower than you. Karen

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jun 28, 2006 9:24 pm 
Karen wrote:
BPJ, How long would such a trek take? Remember I'm older and slower than you. Karen
You can do it in one day. I would say one day to Nordrum, spend the night and a day out. It's a beautiful area. There are no connecting trails from Nordrum to Green Ridge. Be prepaired to figure it out. If you are interested I'd be glad to guide you through it.