Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pelton Basin Area
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Trevor

Trevor
PostMon Jul 31, 2006 1:31 am 
I saw a goat and 4 deer. There is nothing else worthy of elaborating on this late at night. I will most likely add some more images and perhaps some words to this tr at a later time. Some scenery. . .

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Andrew

Andrew
PostMon Jul 31, 2006 6:39 am 
I like the horizontal of the basin, second image of Pelton Peak, and of course Trapper Pk./Lk. The polarization on Trapper Pk./Lk. is a bit strong for me, but fine considering the placement of the natural features (lake-light, peak-dark).

Edd

Edd
PostMon Jul 31, 2006 6:53 am 
Nice pics Trevor. Thats what I mean when I say I need to get out of the peaks a bit, not that I would take any better shots from valleys, but at least it would be a different perspective. up.gif kEd

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jul 31, 2006 8:08 am 
Great job Treb. You had way better light than when I was running through there. up.gif (Besides the point of you being a better photographer hockeygrin.gif )

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Trevor

Trevor
PostMon Jul 31, 2006 11:17 am 
Edd wrote:
Nice pics Trevor. Thats what I mean when I say I need to get out of the peaks a bit, not that I would take any better shots from valleys, but at least it would be a different perspective. up.gif kEd
Thanks, Ed. Of course you could incorporate the valley as well as the peaks from a summit. There generally seems to be a bit more offered compositionally from the lower perspectives, granted the greater variety of elements.
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Great job Treb. You had way better light than when I was running through there. up.gif (Besides the point of you being a better photographer hockeygrin.gif )
Thanks, Bpj.That area features a wealth of images under the proper conditions. I was prepared to shoot more, but the light only granted me a small amount. It was windy as well, which prevented the typical reflection of sahale/buckner in pelton lake. I also seem to have lost my favorite image from that trip. frown.gif
AndrewD wrote:
I like the horizontal of the basin, second image of Pelton Peak, and of course Trapper Pk./Lk. The polarization on Trapper Pk./Lk. is a bit strong for me, but fine considering the placement of the natural features (lake-light, peak-dark).
Thanks. whatever the result, I was just thankful to have been toting my- own-functional camera on this trip, unlike last year's plight.

Tazz

Tazz
PostFri Aug 04, 2006 8:58 pm 
I just love the mood you artistically display in your work. Thanks for sharing. Yahoo you have a digital!

Trevor

Trevor
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 11:05 am 
Tazz wrote:
I just love the mood you artistically display in your work. Thanks for sharing. Yahoo you have a digital!
I strive, to the best of my ability, to photographically represent the mood that the landscapes elicit within me. Thanks, Tazz.

Larry

Larry
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 6:32 pm 
I always search out your fine work, Trevor. Beautiful.

Trevor

Trevor
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 6:57 pm 
Larry wrote:
I always search out your fine work, Trevor. Beautiful.
Nice to hear from you again, Larry! I've missed seeing your unusually soothing and beautiful forest and meadow images. Please, more postings.

nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 7:05 pm 
nothing else worth elaborating on... followed by those pics. ha! hope it was a good trip.

Trevor

Trevor
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 7:30 pm 
nuclear_eggset wrote:
nothing else worth elaborating on... followed by those pics. ha! hope it was a good trip.
Thank you. Indeed it was one of the better trips. The hikes never fail to deliver.