Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The graham cracker challenge
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostTue Aug 15, 2006 8:42 pm 
Forget internet games of skill. The real test is how many seconds can you dunk a graham cracker in a glass of milk and still be able to pull it out without it breaking. My siblings and I used to battle it out with this game. How good are you? Well?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Spotly

Spotly
PostTue Aug 15, 2006 9:55 pm 
Depends. Whole milk or 2 percent? Bring it. fencing.gif

touron

touron
PostTue Aug 15, 2006 10:32 pm 
When the graham cracker is in the glass, there is no such thing as too much time, only short, tense anxious seconds. When I tried this tonight, it seemed like the graham cracker got soggier alot faster than I remember it--possibly the recipe has been modified. These are Nabisco Honey Made's by the way, not Keebler's. The milk is 2%, but I think whole would be more traditional. And also you should really use the full length of the graham cracker, not half of the length like I did. Running against the clock is fun, but it is better to do battle with a person. Sometimes you will pull (never yank) the cracker out in the nick of time. Sometimes it will sink to the bottom of the glass in despair, and sometimes it will cling to the side of the glass. Becoming a pro takes time. Spotly, since you are in Spokane, we would have to meet halfway, like in Moses Lake maybe. fencing.gif Pepper, thanks for the info on the monorail. When I ride it I will make sure I take an outer window seat. hairy.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 8:25 am 
Touron.....how about Oreos? or any other cookie you like to dunk in milk....I sense a poll coming on.... hockeygrin.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 9:38 am 
mmmmmmm oreos..now I have the munchies..dammit!

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
Meander
J Prettymountain

Meander
J Prettymountain
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 12:40 pm 
And if it does fall in, you have to kiss the person on your left. biggrin.gif Tradition at my house for cheese fondue dinner.

touron

touron
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 7:58 pm 
Oreos aren't enough of a challenge. You could soak an oreo forever in milk. Just breaking a graham cracker length-wise cleanly is a challenge in itself. I was able to do this tonight, and poured a 4 oz glass of milk (2%, up to the line on the glass). Then I dunked the graham cracker in the milk, halfway, almost to the mid-line of the graham cracker. 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15....the phone started ringing...20...the phone is still ringing but I was going for the record...25 seconds...I slowly, carefully, pull the graham cracker out of the milk. It is very precarious. Any second the bottom half could splash into the glass, but if you can't get it into your mouth, then no record, all your effort for not. The phone was still ringing....ahhhh...success at last! Chomp. Then I answered the phone. 25 seconds, an established record up.gif

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 8:05 am 
coffee.gif

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley