Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Maine Monster slays website
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
silvi

silvi
PostSat Aug 19, 2006 11:06 am 
The Lewiston Maine Sun Journal's website was crashed Friday under the strain of too many people trying to read about the "Monster". "The beast created interest well beyond a typical news story, and the newspaper's web server strained and cracked under the pressure. The servers continued to crash Friday as people around the world tried to read about Turner's version of Bigfoot". Fox News A new type of Eco-terrorism? 1. Take pictures of a deformed, disease-ridden animal. 2. Claim it's a monster that has been eating pets and terrorising the neighborhood 3. Send pictures to the local news people. 4. Sit back and watch the destruction.

When humans manipulate the data to fit the situation, it is called "theory." When wolves manipulate the data to fit the situation, it is called "dinner." You can't eat theory. Therefore, wolves are smarter than humans.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSat Aug 19, 2006 11:37 am 
Looks like the Gmork from The Neverending Story.

silvi

silvi
PostSat Aug 19, 2006 12:50 pm 
Hey, you're right! Could be a juvenile G'mork! agree.gif

When humans manipulate the data to fit the situation, it is called "theory." When wolves manipulate the data to fit the situation, it is called "dinner." You can't eat theory. Therefore, wolves are smarter than humans.
silvi

silvi
PostSat Aug 19, 2006 3:05 pm 
My first thought was an Affenpinscher cross, with mange and staph infection, but now I think definitely a G'mork! hockeygrin.gif Certainly rates right up there with the Mothman, Owlman, Chupacabra and of course, The Jersey Devil! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! gives me big goose bumps just thinking about it. liar.gif Where, oh where, did they get wolf-hybrid?

Makintrax

Makintrax
PostMon Aug 21, 2006 4:55 pm 
On the East Coast we have some weird stuff. Of course you all have Sasquatch, which I've tried to entice each time I've been out, to no avail frown.gif My cousin who hiked the whole AT in the late 70's witnessed some dwarfy elf kinda thing with bear like features down in the Smokies. Freaky thing is, he said that others had also made note of it in the log book at the next shelter. Either they were eating the same shrooms or somthing was up eek.gif Of course, it was "Devliverance" territory! paranoid.gif The "dog thing' in ME was in our local apper yesterday. If anything it is intriguing, but we have so many ferral cats and dogs around, who knows if it bred with a wolf or a coyote in ME. Wolves have been spotted not too long ago in ME (I'm still waiting MY turn!)

"Men stumble over pebbles, never over mountains."- Emile Cady
silvi

silvi
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 3:05 pm 
Makintrax, the difference is Sasquatch is Real ykm.gif The dog thing was, well, just a dog thing. winksmile.gif I read a book of Indian legends that had the Carolina dwarf/elf thingy in it. Supposed to be not-nice folks, from what I read. paranoid.gif

Makintrax

Makintrax
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 3:33 pm 
Well hell, I've always been a believer!!! I remember in college I had to do a "persuasive speech" in my public speaking class, and I did on the reality of Sasquatch! Videos and all!!! Yeah, I dunno if I'd want to hike in the Smokies because I think they all play banjos in them parts!

Dustin07

Dustin07
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 4:41 pm 
I have no idea what on earth you guys are talking about! do you have a pic or link I could see? however.... One time when driving home at 3am from the airport I ran over a monkey in the road.

Makintrax

Makintrax
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 6:01 pm 
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,209073,00.html check it out!

silvi

silvi
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 6:32 pm 
I'm far more comfortable with the thought of Sasquatch, and other "monsters" than with people like John Karr, Kevin Underwood, (the cannibal who was just recently arrested) and William Morva who "liked to talk about going deer hunting so he could one with nature" and shot and killed Montgomery Co. Sheriff's Cpl. Eric Sutphin when he got close to him on a hiking and biking trail near the Virginia Tech Campus. You see, there's monsters, and then there's MONSTERS!. eyes.gif

silvi

silvi
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 6:35 pm 
Dustin, how BIG was this monkey?

Dustin07

Dustin07
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 9:26 pm 
Quote:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,209073,00.html check it out!
thank you!! ............and..................WTF!?!
Quote:
Dustin, how BIG was this monkey?
about the size and color of a opposum the more I think about it. but it was 3am and I SWEAR it was a monkey biggrin.gif I honest to God did think it was a monkey at the time but the more I think about it (and the older I get) the sillier it seems.... It looked just like a little spider monkey tho.

silvi

silvi
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 11:09 pm 
Well, Dustin, fact IS stranger than fiction! agree.gif I've never run over a monkey, but I've seen some things I couldn't explain. Yeah, I have no problem with the monkey at all.

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 11:36 pm 
An MSNBC story later said a DNA sample showed it was a wolf-dog hybrid. That's good for another thread: should one keep their devil-wolf-dog hybrid on a leash while on the trail?

“I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.” — Harry S. Truman
Dustin07

Dustin07
PostWed Aug 23, 2006 7:18 am 
yikes... I don't even want to get started on people who don't use leashes...especially on high-use trails rant.gif