Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Lonesome Lake camping...?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dustin07

Dustin07
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 4:29 pm 
I'm looking to pull a few of my friends together for some camping and Lonesome lake just happens to be an easy destination to get them all too. However, it doesn't appear you can reserve camp sites here... does anyone know for sure if that's true? we were thinking about going up memorial day weekend... so maybe if we go I need to skip friday and head up early friday morning to grab a site? yikes...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dustin07

Dustin07
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 9:23 pm 
I don't know. but I as well would be interested in finding out... subscribing to see what other say! hockeygrin.gif lol

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Aug 23, 2006 12:52 am 
Memorial day is in May, I think you're just a bit late for that. lol.gif You're right that there is no reserved camping at Lonesome Lake. Not really a whole lot of unreserved camping, either. It's a small lake. I especially like the large sign that tells the "interesting" story of the lake's name. Apparently some guy was up there and he got lonesome. huh.gif There is much better camping in the area anyway. About 3/4 mile before LL, turn right and follow that road about another mile to a fabulous campsite big enough for several vehicles and tents and with a knockout view of Mt Rainier, up close and personal.

Dustin07

Dustin07
PostWed Aug 23, 2006 7:21 am 
Quote:
Memorial day is in May, I think you're just a bit late for that
LOL, what is it... Labor day? I know there's a holiday coming up huh.gif if not then it will be the first annual Dustin Day. Yeah the fact that it is such a small location is what worries me... I'd hate to get a bunch of people excited about a camping trip just to miss out on it because all 3 (or so) camp sites filled already! thanks for the tip, I'm familiar with the road your talking about but I hadn't even thought about trying it! We are discussing possibly going up into the Nanuem region instead, but if not I like this Road-with-a-View idea. thanks up.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Aug 23, 2006 9:22 pm 
Here is the mtn view from that campsite, as seen from the back of my car.

Dustin07

Dustin07
PostThu Aug 24, 2006 7:10 am 
Nice Find! That was one of the downfalls to Lonesome lake for me before... you come around the bend to that great view of the mountain and then you lose it for the rest of your trip to the lake frown.gif I've got dibs on that spot next weekend... taking an extra day off of work just to try to beat people to it biggrin.gif

Dustin07

Dustin07
PostMon Aug 28, 2006 8:06 am 
Just thought I'd post to say that I found that site this weekend... too easy smile.gif Looks GREAT and definitely enough room for a few tents if needed. I'm going to try to beat the crowd and get the larger site right on the lake first but if it's taken I'll just head around the corner there probably. thanks for the tip!

Dustin07

Dustin07
PostThu Aug 31, 2006 10:07 am 
OK one last question... (sorry!)... do you know where I can get an online map or directions that i can pass off to someone else? I was supposed to send a copy to a couple friends today from work and I left it at home! argh. I think I remember it for the most part, I might just give them this is it sounds right to you: road 74 at around 6-6.5 miles, turn left where road "Y"s up 75 at around 9-9.5 take a right on 7530. Lonesome lake @ about 13 mile point... sound right? I think I have people coming up in the dark so I just don't want to get them lost...

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Aug 31, 2006 8:59 pm 
I came up rd #73 from the other direction, and only left the way you are describing. So let me think a minute and consult the Wa road atlas....Yes, your directions sound good, although I can't vouch for the exact distance figures.

Dustin07

Dustin07
PostTue Sep 05, 2006 8:29 am 
LOL, well it worked folks arrived OK smile.gif I'm surprised.. that lake gets HOPPING! It was a good thing we went up Thurs night too. The site I wanted was taken Wednesday but we still got a good one ... and beat the Friday morning rush of folks. Yeah I didn't realize it connected through to #73... I took my friends up there and hiked them into Lk Eleanor for a couple hours. That was a nice and much needed swim in a beautiful and cold lake...