Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Happy Labor Day!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 2:40 pm 
Hopefully no one is working....and if you are in the mountains (for example, the Big Rock Candy Mountains) you are lying back in a hammock...sawing logs zzz.gif zzz.gif zzz.gif Oh............... One evening as the sun went down And the jungle fires were burning, Down the track came a hobo hiking, He said, "Boys, I'm not turning I'm heading for a land that's far away Beside the crystal fountain I'll see you all this coming fall In the Big Rock Candy Mountain cho: Oh, the buzzing of the bees in the cigarette trees, By the soda water fountain Near the lemonade springs where the bluebird sings On the Big Rock Candy Mountain In the Big Rock Candy Mountain, It's a land that's fair and bright, The handouts grow on bushes And you sleep out every night. The boxcars all are empty And the sun shines every day I'm bound to go where there ain't no snow Where the sleet don't fall and the winds don't blow In the Big Rock Candy Mountain. In the Big Rock Candy Mountain You never change your socks And little streams of alky-hol Come trickling down the rocks O the shacks all have to tip their hats And the railway bulls are blind There's a lake of stew and gingerale too And you can paddle all around it in a big canoe In the Big Rock Candy Mountain In the Big Rock Candy Mountain The cops have wooden legs The bulldogs all have rubber teeth And the hens lay soft-boiled eggs The box-cars all are empty And the sun shines every day I'm bound to go where there ain't no snow Where the sleet don't fall and the winds don't blow In the Big Rock Candy Mountain. In the Big Rock Candy Mountain The jails are made of tin You can slip right out again As soon as they put you in There ain't no short-handled shovels No axes, saws nor picks I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day Where they hung the jerk that invented work In the Big Rock Candy Mountain

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Spotly

Spotly
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 3:11 pm 
I'm tired and worn out from yesterday. I wanna sleep but can't. Touron, will you sing me another song....pretty please?

touron

touron
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 3:40 pm 
Relax Spotly, just thinking about being tired is too much work. As the latin saying goes Cogito ergo tired. Here is another.... Lazy Bones, by Hoagy Carmichael Long as there is chicken gravy on your rice, Ev'rything is nice. Long as there's watermelon on the vine, Ev'rything is fine. You got no time to work, You got no time to play, Busy doin' nothin' all the live long day. You won't ever change no matter what I say, You're just made that way. Lazybones, Sleepin' in the sun, How you 'spec' to get your day's work done? You'll never get your day's work done, Sleepin' in the noonday sun. Lazybones, sleepin' in the shade, How you 'spec' to get your corn meal made? Never get your corn meal made Sleepin' in the evenin' shade. When 'taters need sprayin', I bet you keep prayin' The bugs fall off the vine And when you fo fishin' I bet you keep wishin' The fish won't grab at your line. Lazybones, loafin' thru the day, Now you 'spec' to make a dime that way? Never make a dime that way (Well looky here) He never heard a word I say!

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Spotly

Spotly
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 3:44 pm 
bored.gif

touron

touron
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 3:57 pm 
One more.... Santa Lucia Now 'neath the silver moon, Ocean is glowing, O'er the calm billow, Soft winds are blowing Here balmy zephyrs blow, Pure joys invite us, And as we gently row, All things delight us. Hark how the sailor's cry Joyously echoes nigh: Santa Lucia, Santa Lucia! Home of fair poesy, Realm of pure harmony, Santa Lucia, Santa Lucia! When o'er thy waters, light winds are playing Thy spell can soothe us, all care allaying; To thee sweet Napoli, what charms are given; Where smiles creation, toil blest by heaven. Hark how the sailor's cry Joyously echoes nigh: Santa Lucia, Santa Lucia! Home of fair poesy, Realm of pure harmony, Santa Lucia, Santa Lucia!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 4:09 pm 
a very strange thread lol.gif I just had cake and ice cream..now to bar b q with some Stubbs...mmmmmmm

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
touron

touron
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 4:51 pm 
Moderator, Please lock this thread. It is too easy to sprain your brain trying to post something on a holiday. Tx in advance. mum.gif zzz.gif zzz.gif zzz.gif

Stones
funk soul brother

Stones
funk soul brother
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 6:14 pm 
From the folks who brought you the 8-hour work day and the weekend. Weekends rock!

Let me stand next to your fire
LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 7:53 pm 
I worked today... but only for 4 1/2 hours... which was nice for once biggrin.gif (i'm usually stuck at work for 9 hours... frown.gif )