Forum Index > Trip Reports > Point No Point Lighthouse and beach wander
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue Jan 16, 2007 11:00 am 
What’s the point in going to Point No Point? There is no point. Which is the perfect reason to go. As with all road trips, my first companion of choice is Sarah, who will agree to just about anything road-trippy. For instance, she and I go to Central Washington with the Gazetteer and just take roads that have either extraordinarily interesting names, or extraordinarily boring names, just to see what’s there. She got out of her car at my place, and we both burst out laughing; she had on her red puffy jacket, blue jeans and black scarf – I had on my red puffy jacket, blue jeans and black scarf. We’re morons. We don’t care. We set out to Point No Point lighthouse and beach. It’s a wonderful little wander, beautiful beach.
Beach sculpture titled Burning Heart
Beach sculpture titled Burning Heart
Yellow leaf and hoarfrost
Yellow leaf and hoarfrost
The Shell-gatherer
The Shell-gatherer
Red stick and hoarfrost
Red stick and hoarfrost
Point No Point lighthouse
Point No Point lighthouse
Point No Point lighthouse2
Point No Point lighthouse2
On this site, the indians got screwed..
On this site, the indians got screwed..
I love the Pacific NW scenes of ships with mountains in the background.
Ship, water, Mountains, beach-sculpture
Ship, water, Mountains, beach-sculpture
We drove through the S’kallam Indian Reservation, and walked through a cemetery there. I hope I’m not treading on cultural belief in taking and posting photos – but what a wonderful place. The graves are decorated with such whimsy, color and humor. I hope that when I go, folks put funny stuff on my grave.
Bee happy in death
Bee happy in death
A festive visit to the dead
A festive visit to the dead
A festive visit to the dead, whirlygigs
A festive visit to the dead, whirlygigs
A festive visit to the dead, frog
A festive visit to the dead, frog
Cemetery - James Died...
Cemetery - James Died...
After a drive to the Logger’s Landing in Quilcene for lunch (the store and deli at Port Gamble is closed for remodeling!), we hung out at the little park near the Hood Canal bridge.
Sunset, pilings, bridge
Sunset, pilings, bridge
Sunset, pilings, bridge, gull
Sunset, pilings, bridge, gull
Cormorant
Cormorant
Then to the cemetery at Port Gamble, which is more austere than the S’klallam cemetery.
Pt Gamble cemetery2
Pt Gamble cemetery2
Pt Gamble cemetery1
Pt Gamble cemetery1
All in all a wonderful little road trip and walk on a beautiful beach.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger
PostWed Jan 17, 2007 8:07 am 
Nice Photo's! I really liked "Red stick and hoarfrost" up.gif I always love the salt water smells (most of them! lol.gif ) I could almost smell the water from your pic's....nice job! And the pic's from the reservation are especially cool...thanks for sharing.

All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. ~Li Po~
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Jan 17, 2007 4:25 pm 
Thanks, grizz. There were several iridescent jellyfish washed ashore; gorgeous colors – one was almost like a stained glass. I’ll have to look at the photo again. I didn’t care for it when I looked at it yesterday, but didn’t think it turned out. Maybe I wasn’t in the mood for it. There are huge mud slumps coming off the cliffs, as well. There was a family cleaning the beach; I asked if it were an organized event or if it were a family tradition; it’s a family tradition. I thought that was cool. I told the kids about the jellyfish and about a barnacle-encrusted tennis shoe I saw up the beach, and the kids were excited and couldn’t wait to see them. I loved the cemetery, too. The decorated graves were more than delightful to see; it’s a delightful tradition, and showcases the best of humanity – love, humor, acceptance (of death).

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie

Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie
PostWed Jan 17, 2007 9:02 pm 
I love your hoarfrost pictures, Quark!

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?