Forum Index > Trip Reports > PICTURES Lunatics ascend Fuller Mountain on Thursday night
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
WildCelticRose
Oooh ! Shiny !

WildCelticRose
Oooh ! Shiny !
PostThu Apr 12, 2007 11:29 pm 
~ A freind fro work and I finally caught up with TNAB (Thursday Night After Burners) for an evening hike up Mt Fuller. We had a blast! winksmile.gif There was quite a bit of “bushwhacking” near the top. suuure.gif There was an amusing (in a sobering kind of way) article in the Seattle PI about needing good route finding skill and needing to know how to use a map and compass. (and a “remedial 10 essentials 101” mini course) http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/getaways/155648_hike08.html But WE had a blast! Here are the pictures… http://www.wildcelticrose.net/lisasplace/fullermountain.html I’m up WAY past my bedtime… I’ll see some of you tomorrow night at the Harmon Brewery in Tacoma for Flower Shirt Friday !!! I have some other trips photo logged here http://www.wildcelticrose.net/lisasplace/backpack.html ~L

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. John Muir
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
huron

huron
PostThu Apr 12, 2007 11:58 pm 
Great photos! And, congratulations on your first TNAB. smile.gif

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 8:07 am 
Looks like it was a good group. Sorry I missed it.

whitebark

whitebark
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 8:52 am 
Looks like a fun outing. Did you cross 10 Creek and is there any sort of bridge over it?

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 11:03 am 
There was a log over the creek with a hand rail (rope)

Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst

Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 4:50 pm 
Trip Report for Fuller Mountain, 4/12/07
It's great - we have four hikes already on the books this season! The latest adventure was Fuller Mountain, off the North Fork Snoqualmie - a TNAB first, to the best of my knowledge. Poor weather contributed to the lowest turnout yet in 2007 - only 12 hikers, one hitchhiker, and two canines. Departing from Eastgate was Lynda and her friend Andrea, Kim (Quark) and Bryan, Nicole, Yet and Yours Truly. At the trailhead, we found Chris (Magnum) and Andy (along with cool pooch Rigby) waiting for us. We were nearly ready to depart when John (Moosefish) arrived with Lilly (and Tokul), followed closely by Lisa and Morgain. As a result, the hike started a bit late, around 6:10 PM, under a constant drizzle that literally threatened to put a damper on our outting. Fortunately, the precipitation tapered off quickly to nothing for the duration of the hike. Our group slogged its way down unimproved roads, through 2nd and 3rd growth forests, over a nifty little log bridge, and around a gravel pit before finally reaching the "trail" to Fuller Mountain. On the trail, the overcast skies and damp conditions made for slippery travel. We had to overcome several downed trees over the trail, including a couple that lead to improvised switchbacks. As we neared the forested ridgetop of Fuller, some folks turned to bushwhacking some sections (not advised- hehe). In good time we made it to the summit of Fuller by 7:15 PM, as denoted by the blue blaze on the tree stump that appears to be the obvious high point. Still, it didn't seem like the best place to gather, so we followed John in search of the near-mythical, east-facing view point. And find it we did - exposed and mossy, offering views of the backside of Mt Si and the rest of the Bessemer Ridge peaks. Low clouds framed the top portion of the scene, while evening sunlight filtered through to color the cliffs. Perfect! It seemed everyone pulled out a camera and started snapping pics. We spent nearly 30 minutes there, eating brownies and enjoying each other's company before turning our attention to the descent. Night fell quickly on Fuller Mountain, slowing the group down a bit to compensate for the tricky terrain. By the time we returned to the cars, the skies were partly cloudy and dotted with stars. Our exit time was 9:15 PM, which felt strangely early when compared to last week's four hour tour. Still, folks were in high spirits. Good times! *Special note: On the way home, before we reached Issaquah, we encountered the huge, super-heavy bridge joint that is destined for the new Tacoma Narrows. Bonus! Next Hike: West Tiger Trio!

Cheers, Mesahchie Mark
Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst

Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 4:51 pm 
Thanks for posting the pics, Lisa! It was great to have you and Morgain onboard last night. Cheers, -Mark

Cheers, Mesahchie Mark
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 5:04 pm 
Here are my offerings from the Fuller Mt trip.
10 Creek
10 Creek
Trillium along the trail
Trillium along the trail
Log bridge over 10 Creek
Log bridge over 10 Creek
Mt Si and foreground basking in the sun from Fuller Mt,
Mt Si and foreground basking in the sun from Fuller Mt,
Rigby the Puggle
Rigby the Puggle
Tokul begging for food
Tokul begging for food

Yet

Yet
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 5:11 pm 
More offerings:
Brownies by Yet
Brownies by Yet
Moosefish and Little Fish Admiring the Beautiful
Moosefish and Little Fish Admiring the Beautiful
For Quark
For Quark
Long Femurs, Yeah!
Long Femurs, Yeah!
Warm & Fluffy
Warm & Fluffy
Just Gotta Investigate
Just Gotta Investigate
Mrs. Malachai
Mrs. Malachai

Yet

Yet
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 5:17 pm 
ps: There's just a few more photos here, including some taken by Lisa. Thanks so much for posting those! smile.gif This was another fun hike. Is it just me or are these TNAB hikes kind of addicting? Every week, it's a new adventure, a different destination, and always awesome people to hike with! I haven't missed one, yet. up.gif -Yet

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 5:22 pm 
Quark and I drove past the big thing on I-90. It was cool. After I dropped her in Eastgate I got back onto 90 and found the ramp to 405 closed due to said big thing in the road. Onward to Bellvue Way to pull a uey, back on 90 to 405 and I was smooth sailing all the way to Kirkland. Quark was sooo happy that we got to drive right next to the big thing, she was like a kid in a candy store lol.gif

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 5:49 pm 
O seeing the big Thing was cool as hell. I'd say it's same excitement factor as floating in Salt Lake. I mean I felt exactly the same way I felt while floating Salt Lake as I did when I was looking at the big Thing, only I wasn't floating and I was a little older & stuff. Bryan is getting a t-shirt made for his niece, "My uncle saw the big Thing and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." embarassedlaugh.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
WildCelticRose
Oooh ! Shiny !

WildCelticRose
Oooh ! Shiny !
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 6:15 pm 
Ha! The spooky "you guys got magic" pic... too funny !

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. John Muir
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Apr 13, 2007 7:34 pm 
Red flowering currant! Mike Collin's post on the Spring thread reminded me. That thing we saw that looked like a pink honeysuckle on a rose of sharon tree was currant!

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
moosefish
I am the fish

moosefish
I am the fish
PostSat Apr 14, 2007 10:31 am 
steady stream
steady stream
summit
summit
view
view