Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > FS trail reports & 6 inch rocks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostTue Apr 24, 2007 7:04 pm 
I ran across this on the Wenatchee NF website. How can I report trail conditions? Report trail conditions to Ranger District Offices, the Forest Supervisor's Office, or to Forest Service people you meet in the field. Leave a note on your way home or drop it in the mail. Include the trail name and number (if available,) the trail condition, it's approximate location, and the date observed. Use any piece of paper, report in-person, or call on the phone. Photos are good, too. While hiking trails for pleasure you can remove debris from the trail and scatter it on the lower side. You can remove rocks over six inches in diameter, but be sure not to endanger anyone below. Where Cairns are used to mark the trail, you can help keep them intact. Picking up litter is in order at any time. This year there will probably be many ugly trail condition reports. bawl.gif

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
banzaimf

banzaimf
PostTue Apr 24, 2007 10:35 pm 
what's the rules on cutting blown over small stuff?

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostWed Apr 25, 2007 12:41 am 
While hiking trails for pleasure you can remove debris from the trail Lopp-it, chop it or saw it!! Throw smaller stuff off of the trail. up.gif edit - The rules? Ask Quark.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.