Forum Index > Trail Talk > What's high on your list? - "To do" dreaming: hikes and peaks, .....
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 12:39 am 
mcaver - You GOTTA let me know when you're planning on doing Fairy Falls, I have been itching to get closer to that one (I assume you are referring to the Rainier Fairy Falls, not the Wahkeena Creek one in the Gorge). Troublesome Creek via Blanca Lake - All the way to the bottom of the falls. Cascade Pass to Horseshoe Basin Depot Creek up to Ousel Lake The upper Lemah Valley The Enchantments (if I can get a permit) Eagle Creek (Col. Gorge) Comet Falls (if they fixed the trail) Maybe the Foss Lakes, but I'd rather see some new stuff first. If I go up there again, I'll likely overnight to or beyond Otter, rather than doing a 6 hour just to Delta. And then more short bushwhacks than you can shake a stick at...hehe, I made a funny. biggrin.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dante

Dante
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 12:48 am 
Scrooge, I'm with Backpacker Joe regarding Coney. We were going to go there overnight, but it turned into a day hike--got there WAY faster than we thought we would. Cool lake, though. I wouldn't mind going back there. Let's see. I've got the annual snowshoe/snowcave trip coming up. Next summer w've go the family beach hike. That will be low intensity this year--my wife's pregnant and won't be carrying the three-year-old. I'd like to do the Wonderland or more pieces of it. Haven't been to the Enchantments in a few years. I also want to spend a lot of time hiking around the end of the Middle Fork before whatever happens happens. The folks that want to do Foss Lakes can loop from the end of the middle fork road via Crawford or Williams, through the Foss Lakes area and coming out via Gold and Hardscrabble lakes--fun trip!

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 8:18 am 
On my list - no particular order: Horseshoe Basin in the Pasayten Washington section of the PCT (in one trip) Climb Glacier Peak Do the Enchantments in October Hoh River to Mt. Olympus So many places left to explore!!! wink.gif

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 8:22 am 
Joe and Dante, thanks. I probed the Paradise Lakes approach last year, figuring the waytrail would give me a jumpstart; but it took us so long just to get to the lakes that I'm not sure I could do that whole route as a dayhike. Lake Kanim's been on my list even longer than Coney or Paradise, so that route's worth trying just for that. If I don't get all the way to Coney, I'll probably give the Paradise Lakes route a more serious try. Then there's always the Bear Lakes approach advocated by Randy and 2DrX, among others. smile.gif By the way, which Crater Lake are y'all talkin' about?

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!

PostFri Feb 22, 2002 9:15 am 
Some or all of the Ptarmigan Traverse and anything I can walk up along the way. Love to get over to LeConte Lake. Looks fabulous in green book. Have heard lots of talk of Yang Yang, White Rock Lakes and South Cascade Lk over the years, but never a word about LeConte Lake. Wallaby (and jack) Mt Whilmans Pk - not Spires The Roost and PK 7200 Winchester from new Yellow Aster trail Whistler(s) mother Redoubt Daniel (my brother) Snowking (drive-in theatre) Ruby (don't take your love to town) Mineral Mt Tapto Lakes Roosevelt Fortress Carne (asada) Cannon (ball run) Hel I'd be happy to just get close on a fourth of these this year.

lopper
off-route

lopper
off-route
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 9:21 am 
Scrooge: I'm pretty sure the Crater Lake mentioned is the same one that I have my eyes on. It is at the headwaters of Big Creek......drains into the Suiattle.

lopper
off-route

lopper
off-route
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 9:21 am 
The Troublesome Creek backdoor to Twin Lakes, and a recon of the Quartz/Goblin side of Kyes are high on my list.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 10:11 am 
Sore Feet, I do mean the Fairy Falls a few miles behind Wahkeena Falls in the Columbia River Gorge. I've been to the Gorge numerous times, but I never seem to make it back there. There's so much to photograph! Sorry to disappoint you. smile.gif

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 10:24 am 
Dreams: Denali Dreaming...Mt. McKinley in Alaska of course...

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 10:49 am 
Ebineezer, you can access Kanim via its outlet crossed at the begining of the Paradise lakes trail. Kanim is a brushy hike unless you hike up its outlet. You'll have to bust some brush at the very end anyway. Crater lake via boulder lake and pear and toketie lakes. Here is a topozone link. Crater lake

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 11:45 am 
Crater is great. Good xc. Here's my list: alaska, joe, gunn, boner, victoria, deadhead, crystal, coney, bear, cougar, Whale, arrowhead, jug.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 11:51 am 
Boner! I want to go there too. Terrain looks real nice.

MounTAIN Woman

MounTAIN Woman
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 11:53 am 
I, too have a long wish list for this season, but one that has remained on the list for three years now is Mt. Challenger. We have gotten rained out of the Northern Pickets for the last two years in a row, and hope this year is the exception, and we will be able to finally stand atop this elusive summit! I see some of my list contains peaks on lists of others in this forum, maybe I'll see you out there!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 12:00 pm 
Mr. Goat. I'd tag along on your: boner, victoria, deadhead, crystal, coney, Whale, arrowhead, jug trips if allowed. Been liking those lakes myself. Been to Coney and all BUT whale in the snowking area. I get out abit too. TB BONER

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln

PostFri Feb 22, 2002 1:52 pm 
mcaver, You may already know this, but when you go to Cascades Pass, you absolutely HAVE to get up on Sahale Arm - no matter what. If you can get to the toe of the glacier - even better. Tom, here I thought you were one of those "no secrets" guys? biggrin.gif