Forum Index > Trip Reports > PNWH Group Trip 10/16-10/18/2003
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gordy Comer

Gordy Comer
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 9:03 pm 
You said you got drunk. I hope you will read more about addiction issues before deciding that this is okay. I'm sure you are a good parent who would only want the best for your son. The behavior we show children is role model stuff. We've learned a lot in the last few years about how young persons begin to drink, frequently they copy their parents. I know that you can do better on this. Thanks for thinking about it.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 9:07 pm 
I was getting my camera & gear together to walk out to look at the tulips last spring in LaConner, and this older gent walks over to me and in a quite serious tone warns me I should really think about putting on something warmer! biggrin.gif It was all I could do not to say anything more than a sarcastic "Thanks!!" dizzy.gif ---------------------------------- On another topic, I've spent many a night at Sunshine Pt. in winter before a snowshoe trip the next day in the park, and it always gets me that the parking area right next to the darn restrooms is invariably a skating rink of ice. I always manage to forget this as I hop out of the vehicle to relieve myself after a long drive! rant.gif Forget other park improvements or maintenance- put heated cables in the ground by that restroom. Thank you.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 9:08 pm 
Oh for good god, wow, are you self righteous and full of it! Hmmm....as my hiking buddies know, I drink, oh lets see, about 12 times a year! And wow, love how you can tell how we all have addiction problems! Wow, you must be super smart to be able to see that through the internet. Hmmmm.....did you EVER stop to think that maybe the word "drunk' meant 3 drinks and being giggly? But, noooooo, you know best, even though you were not there. Oh, by the way, had you not been so judgemental, I might have mentioned that when we have cocktail hour on our trips it is in the evening, when the kids are in bed.......But you know what? It isn't a BAD thing to have your kids see adults having happy hour responsibly. Alchol is not an EVIL when done right-which we do.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 9:09 pm 
Hey Moose-the mud puddles were awful in front of the bathroom up.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 9:15 pm 
There you go! They'll be frozen slabs of ice soon. shakehead.gif I do like that warming hut/restroom facility at Narada Falls- it's almost like a Hilton. But again that pesky ice problem between it and the parking lot! If they could just eliminate all the ice and icky snow up there in the winter it would be a SO much more enjoyable place to visit.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 9:16 pm 
With the way winter is looking about 3,00ft above, it won't be long up.gif

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 7:10 am 
Quote:
We camped friday night with awesome weather, getting drunk like usual.
I can't blame Gordy for getting the wrong idea; your description does make it seem somewhat more than getting giggly at happy hour. I thought nearly the same thing regarding the kids... so I don't think anyone is trying to be judgemental.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 7:52 am 
Well, you are being judgemental. If you cannot read the humor, it isn't my problem! For starters, why is it wrong to drink in front of children? It isn't unless violence is present. It is the same as owning guns. There is nothing wrong with children knowing the parents own them, or seeing them use them, if violence isn't there. I have no qualms about my child drinking as an adult-he sees that we have a good time kicking back with nobody driving. Now that is being responsible! Anything else you ACLU liberals need to cry about? (I can hear the chorus..."What about the children!!")

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 8:43 am 
There's nothing wrong with having a drink or two in front of your kids. If it's done in moderation, it can provide a good example.

Honey Badger Don't Care!
foggy

foggy
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 8:49 am 
It does sound a little odd saying we got drunk as usual. No one was really drunk, just goofy. I understand the point of whoever was being so righteous in a previous reply, however, as sarbar stated, no fighting, no puking, no one being rambuctios, the kids were busy watching Spy Kids 2. Our groups are very conscientious, and I believe that if anyone were to get stupid, there were enough people to calm any situation before it were to get out of hand. With our groups, no one is that idiotic. moon.gif

kiliki

kiliki
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 10:59 am 
Hey, how about you guys strike a deal? The one side can lay off about the drinking, which it sounds like was exaggerated in the first post, and Sarbar can stop being so judgemental and critical about the ways that other people ("tourons") enjoy nature.

foggy

foggy
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 11:08 am 
kiliki wrote:
Sarbar can stop being so judgemental and critical about the ways that other people ("tourons") enjoy nature.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion and after seeing the "tourons" at Mt. Rainier this past weekend, they deserve to be the butts of jokes. I guess tourons are usually why I don't hike Rainier. hockeygrin.gif tongue.gif

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 11:13 am 
foggydew wrote:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion and after seeing the "tourons" at Mt. Rainier this past weekend, they deserve to be the butts of jokes.
mum.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 11:18 am 
I hate to say it, but it's true: these "tourons" are why that word was invented lol.gif Even Foggy will say it:high heels in snow on an icy walk is mega-touron behavior. And that guy prancing in the snow schreeching "I can't get the snow out of my shoes!!" while in patent leather loafers in 2ft snow up.gif Now tell me that ISN'T touron behavior lol.gif lol.gif BTW : Marylou, I thought you were going to ignore my posts winksmile.gif Heehee....... Hey Foggy, how about the nubile blond getting the back rub? biggrin.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 11:22 am 
foggydew wrote:
kiliki wrote:
Sarbar can stop being so judgemental and critical about the ways that other people ("tourons") enjoy nature.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion and after seeing the "tourons" at Mt. Rainier this past weekend, they deserve to be the butts of jokes. I guess tourons are usually why I don't hike Rainier. hockeygrin.gif tongue.gif
Boy, does all of your group share this attitude? Funny how Sarbar and Co. are such a lightning rod for criticisms! shakehead.gif