Forum Index > Trail Talk > 'nother lodging request
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 2:35 pm 
This weekend (my last before ankle surgery) finds us heading south for skiing at Ski Bowl Saturday night and Meadows Sunday. Looking for cheap lodging somewhere between Gov't Camp and Gresham. No hot tub needed this time.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
shoe lady

shoe lady
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 3:30 pm 
Lodging Around Government Camp
On the way home from Government Camp last weekend, I noticed a place in Rhododendron (spelling??) which is the next town west of Government Camp on Highway 26 called Snowline Inn. I didn't stay there, but it looked less expensive than Government Camp. Government Camp had this little Mexican take-out place which had cheap food. Huckleberry Inn has reasonable food also, but the rooms might cost slightly less than $100 a night.

Life goes on in the shoe
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSat Mar 27, 2004 1:06 am 
Motel 6 in Troutdale, less than 15 minutes from Highway 30. Prolly take an hour to get to Hood from there. Might even be one in Gresham (I know of one, but it's right on I-205, but there may be another one further out).

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Mar 29, 2004 2:56 am 
We ended up in a place in Zigzag or Wemme called, I think, the Mount Hood Resort, or somesuch. Mount Hood something is in the name and it's in one of those 2 towns. Kinda corny place, like a glorified RV park, but we had a dinky cabin (no plumbing, bathroom/shower over yonder) but it had two tiny rooms, one with a double mattress thing and 2 bunks and one with a hide a bed and a TV and a bench. It would sleep six very tightly. The "resort" also has hot tub, sauna and pool. BYO sleeping bags or bedding. Our particular cabin was a little close to the highway, but they are not all like that. If you want to stay there, make sure the cabin you get is not right by the road. Only 45 clams a night, would be a good choice for dirtbag ski accoms or family summer not-camping something or other. The other half of out party was in the "fancy" lodging at the same place, a cabin with a loft with bed, another bedroom with a bed with sheets and all of that, small kitchen, living room with hide-a-bed, tiny bathroom, dining room, and its own small hot tub and deck. It was a little spendy at 140, but we could have all slept there (7, 2 couples, and three kids) with only a couple of people in sleeping bags on the floor. It would be a sweet place for a couple or two for skiing and sleeping nice-like indoors. up.gif I can highly recommend the Zigzag Inn for good grub in an historic old roadhouse/log cabin place. Choice antler chandeliers, bad service, and good grub.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Blake

Blake
PostMon Mar 29, 2004 9:14 pm 
zigzag INN pizza rocks, but Mt. Hood roasters on the other side of teh highway, across from the high Fly Shop has awesome saturday night tacos, and they are very nice people too. You should have skied Meadows Sat night, as it was the final $10 safeway night of the year. How was the day skiing there sunday? where did you go?