Forum Index > Support & Feedback > IE 7 troubles - backspace and window size
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostThu Sep 25, 2008 8:10 pm 
1. Grrr. Too many times I've been half way through a fairly long post, hit the backspace button to delete something, and my browser brings me back a page. Hitting the forward button to return to the reply page reveals my whole post has been lost. This seems to happen only when I click outside of the text box and then hit backspace, but this happens often enough that I want to disable this feature of IE 7. I never use backspace for this function anyway, I just use the back button in the broswer. Any idea how I would do this? 2. So when I open IE 7 the window pops up maximized, just as I like it. But when I click a link the new window that opens up is smaller. I want it to also pop up maximized, but I can't figure out how to do it. I can open a link, maximize, and immediately close out that window (which works for resizing an IE 7 window that wasn't opened by a link), but it doesn't do the trick. Can anyone clue me in? Thanks.

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Sep 25, 2008 10:29 pm 
use firefox hockeygrin.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Sep 26, 2008 9:02 am 
Firefox does the same thing as far as the backspace key. Considering all the user friendly changes and solutions they have implemented in modern browsers you figure they would have implemented an autosave / text recovery option by now for forms. It seems like a no brainier but perhaps security/privacy is an issue.

whistlingmarmot
Sustainable Resource

whistlingmarmot
Sustainable Resource
PostFri Sep 26, 2008 9:12 am 
I moved to FF so I can set options like this. To disable that annoying 'feature' in FireFox do the following: 1) type "about:config" in the address bar 2) click that you understand you will be changing things 3) Search for the following entry: "browser.backspace_action" 4) Set it to "2". 5) Enjoy not having your long email deleted. I don't know if you can disable this in any version of IE....but you might be able to.