Forum Index > Food & Grub > Huckleberry Cobbler!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Sep 16, 2009 8:24 pm 
Kirk and I developed this recipe for WTA's Washington Trails Magazine for the current issue (September 2009) (See the article here: http://www.wta.org/trail-news/signpost/huckleberry-bites )
Double Ginger Huckleberry Cobbler In a sandwich bag: 2/3 cup baking mix (i.e.:Bisquick®) 1 Tbsp sugar 1 Tbsp diced candied ginger 1/4 tsp dry ginger powder In a snack bag: 1/4 cup sugar 2 Tbsp corn starch 1/4 tsp True® Lime or Lemon powder In camp: Pick about 1 cup fresh Huckleberries, making sure stems are plucked off. That is about 4 handfuls of berries. Add 1/4 cup cool water to the baking mix bag and knead gently till mixed. Seal and set aside. Add 1 cup water to your pot and stir in the small sugar bag till dissolved. Add in the berries and bring the pot to a boil. Lower the flame on your stove to as low as it will go and quickly add in the prepared baking mix by dropping in spoonfuls on the hot berry mixture. Put on the pot's lid and simmer gently on low heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until the topping is done.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bah
Taking it easy

Bah
Taking it easy
PostSun Sep 20, 2009 11:35 am 
Tasty! Looking forward to checking out your food blog too!

Olympic Hiker

Olympic Hiker
PostSun Nov 29, 2009 12:12 pm 
My mom makes a huckleberry cobbler every so often. I'm not sure if she uses the same ingredients you did, but it sure tastes yummy.

If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. - Lincoln