Forum Index > Partners > need hiking friends
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MJ

MJ
PostSat May 21, 2011 7:57 am 
Live in Lynnwood and am looking for fellow slow/moderate paced hikers. I hike with two dogs, who are leashed at all times. I try to get out every weekend and will travel for a cool hike. 10-12 miles is perfect, and Im hoping to add to that over the summer. Would love to get into backpacking, just have no one to go with.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat May 21, 2011 9:28 am 
Welcome to the site. In the past week or so we've had quite a few newer people asking for hiking partners. Im sure you wont have to much trouble finding people to get out with. To all the new people posting here for the first time, think about trying to make Jen Jen's get together in June. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7989090&highlight= It'll be fun and a great way to meet people. Tom

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostSat May 21, 2011 9:56 am 
I live in Lynnwood, too. I'll try to remember you for when I get out without the kids (unless you don't mind kids). biggrin.gif But my brain is like a sieve sometimes. I'm wanting to get back into backpacking, too. You can PM me if you are planning a trip and need a partner.

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostSat May 21, 2011 4:46 pm 
I'm always looking for partners, and also live in Lynnwood. cool.gif So if there is a trip you would like a partner for, let me know.

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostSun May 22, 2011 10:24 am 
Though my schedule is a little tough with working two jobs at the present, I am always open to having new partners on the trail. With me I am game for both the easier with my wife (Little Si, Pinnacle Peak) or the harder (Rainier, Eldorado, North Ingalls). I live now in West Seattle. If interested either PM me or my wife (BearQueen).

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.
Mountain Hawk
Young and Getting It

Mountain Hawk
Young and Getting It
PostSun May 22, 2011 10:24 am 
Ya I would be interested in getting together for a hike sometime. I have been hiking/climbing since I was a kid and recently got a new puppy. I have been getting him out and about for 4 months now and would like to start introducing him to the trail but it is always nice to have someone to chat with and maybe some trail friends for my dog. I live in Everett and try to get out every weekend. Post if your thinkin about somethin and I will hit you up.

hikerman77

hikerman77
PostMon May 23, 2011 5:59 am 
I live in lake Stevens and am looking for someone to hike with. give me a shout if you are interested. I am usually free every other weekend.

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostMon May 23, 2011 10:44 am 
I was getting out 1-2 x per week and live in Snohomish. My daughter's been sick so I've been at home more often than not - may not be able to backpack as much as I'd like this summer because of that, but I hope to do some day hiking. I often hike with my dog as do other members of our hiking group. We average about the same mileage you're talking about.

MJ

MJ
PostTue May 24, 2011 8:02 am 
I'm hoping to get out all three days (have Monday off woo!) Saturday with the wonder pups and solo for Sunday and Monday. Have yet to decide on destinations tho.

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostTue May 24, 2011 8:08 am 
I planned lots of destinations for this summer. I'm just not sure what will actually be a "go" now due to daughter's illness and slow snow melt. I'll try to remember to post here when plans firm up as I mostly post on my meetup group website (original members all NW Hiker women). I also enjoy the occasional car camp and 2-3 nearby hikes, but I hope to do at least 5 backpacking trips by fall. I have weekdays off from end June to end August; fall it looks like I'll have Fridays off due to the cutbacks which would be nice if Sept. is as nice as it normally is!

SephiPiderWitch

SephiPiderWitch
PostTue May 24, 2011 8:17 am 
I live in Mountlake Terrace and like to go out when I can on weekends too. I definitely fall into the slower category. Trying to get in better shape and I also stop very often to take pictures. Would love to find some close hiking partners. Sephi

MJ

MJ
PostWed May 25, 2011 7:02 pm 
Anyone up for some rainy day hiking tomorrow or Friday? Both? Had to take a few days off before I lose the vaca time.

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostSun Jul 03, 2011 9:10 pm 
Can you go midweek? I'm hoping to go somewhere this Tues - Wed and maybe part of Thurs. Car camping is fine as backpacking means snow most likely at this point.