Forum Index > Partners > The Brothers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur
PostMon Jun 27, 2011 11:28 pm 
I'd really like to knock off The Brothers near Brinnon this weekend. My hope is to make a 1:30 Friday afternoon departure from Seattle and establish a base camp in the usual area along the East Fork of Lena Creek. The weather is looking great. I've got one open seat belt in my car. One other person has offered to drive if we get a couple others on board. He will have four available seat belts. We can swing by and pick up anybody along the way (I-5 to Olympia and Highway 101 through Shelton). As far as sleeping arrangements, my tent will be full at two people and I can't guarantee that others will want to share theirs. You'll have to keep this in mind when planning ahead. An ice axe, crampons and a climbing helmet will be necessities. If anybody is interested, please let me know!

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostTue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 am 
I tried to do this last year at this time - my idea was to camp on the summit of the S. Brother so I could get views and take pics of the lowland lights at night but the weather didn't cooperate. This year the weather's going to cooperate but I've been invited on a Mt. Baker climb on Friday. So guess I'm just trying to say: I'd really like to accompany you but it's not in the cards this year so have fun!

BN

BN
PostThu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 am 
Summithound, Funny thing, I thought I had a buddy of mine interested enough to do the South Bro this weekend, but he isn't quite comfortable with the idea yet, and backed out on, inviting me fising with him instead. While I love fishing, I want to go to the top of Edward more! I would be all over it if you still have a seat available. Can do on leaving early friday afternoon, (I take off at noon every friday to facilitate adventuring). I've been doing 10-25 mile backpacking trips almost every weekend for the past 3 months solid, but can't seem to convince my buddies to go up high. I don't have a helmet (could by friday), but I do have crampons, & an ice-axe. I'd be in my bivy, or my own tent,so that's all good. I'm in Seattle, and could meet you wherever convenient. I bring gas $, good cheese, & celebratory can IPA's........ hockeygrin.gif Let me know. Thanks!