Forum Index > Partners > Let me Join your Rainier Team
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
fivealive

fivealive
PostMon Aug 29, 2011 10:12 pm 
I am looking to hike up Rainier (Muir/Ingraham) to Summit anytime between the dates of Aug. 31st to Sept. 5th. Please call Dave at 206-755-1697; dave@chapfamily.com

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Asshat

Asshat
PostTue Aug 30, 2011 6:42 pm 
I'm game. I've been up Si and Rattlesnake a bunch of times and I have a really thick 100 foot clothesline that I think we can use. Do you have an ice axe?

I like to smear Nikwax all over my pack, face and undergarments.
Burke M
over-caffeinated

Burke M
over-caffeinated
PostTue Aug 30, 2011 8:52 pm 
Asshat wrote:
I'm game. I've been up Si and Rattlesnake a bunch of times and I have a really thick 100 foot clothesline that I think we can use. Do you have an ice axe?
I read on the internet that you could just use trekking poles and trail runners this time of year but you have to clear it with the rangers first. I guess the boot path on some routes is better than others... down.gif

gray matter

gray matter
PostTue Aug 30, 2011 9:37 pm 
Hi Dave, Welcome to the site. I noticed that you have been looking for partners for an attempt on Rainier for a while. Please feel free to tell us a little about yourself and some of your relevant experience. I think that you will find more positive responses that way. -Gray Matter P.S. Most (if not all) of the people on this site consider summiting Rainier to be a little more than a hike. wink.gif

fivealive

fivealive
PostWed Aug 31, 2011 11:40 am 
Hi Gary, THanks for the reply. I have been to the top of Adams. I tried Rainer 2 years ago and our team got to 12,500 ft. but turned back due to dicey conditons; last year got to 13,600 but we had to turn back due to white out; also tried another time last year but the lead guy's head lamp went out at 10,500 ft; this year went to 11,000 ft. twice; 1st time out lead guy thought the base of the DC was too dicey but my son and I were game; then tried again a month ago but my hiking partner was not feeling well. I am an older guy but in good shape and want to connect with a team that is serious about making it to the top; can climb on a moment's notice; dave@chapfamily.com; 206-755-1697. I want to climb this weekend up the DC but am lacking partner(s).

fivealive

fivealive
PostWed Aug 31, 2011 11:56 am 
HI Gary, I have also climbed Mt. Si several times with up to 70 lbs on my back; Mail Box a couple of times; Granite a few times, Mc Cellan, etc. When I was up at 13,600 last year on Rainier I was feeling great so I know I can do it physically. I have trained with a guy alot who has been to the top 13 times but is not in good enough shape to get to the top comfortably this year. My wife and I are planning on moving to S. Calif. and may never have another opportunity after this year. Ideally, I'd like to connect with a couple of guys to join their team soon. Feel free to call me and get my your phone # and I will call you, Thanks, Dave C., 206-755-1697

Asshat

Asshat
PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:08 am 
Do you or don't you have an ice axe? I've got a big clothesline and I'm desperate also. Email me at rock@marginalbelay.com.

tamz0r

tamz0r
PostSat Sep 03, 2011 3:31 am 
Asshat wrote:
Do you or don't you have an ice axe? I've got a big clothesline and I'm desperate also. Email me at rock@marginalbelay.com.
not gonna lie, this meme is making me lol

kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostSat Sep 03, 2011 9:25 am 
Asshat wrote:
I know you think you are being funny, but this guy is new to the site and does not, at this time, in my opinion, deserve your blanket ridicule. Just because you don't know him, or his qualifications, does not justify demeaning his apparently sincere intentions. Invite him, or not, I don't care. Perhaps I'm an old fogey and don't understand your edgy and hep online wit, but I thought this site was better than that ( or tried to be). smile.gif

Asshat

Asshat
PostSat Sep 03, 2011 5:43 pm 
Krazie Bat: You're welcome to come also if you have an ice axe. How big is your tent? I don't think my 6 person LL Bean dome can handle one more.

Rainie Too!

Rainie Too!
PostMon Sep 05, 2011 12:42 pm 
I agree with Bat. I thought this sight was better than that!!