Forum Index > Partners > 10/15-16 and 16-18th Chikamin or Maude then Uper Chant basin
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ONELUV1

ONELUV1
PostFri Oct 14, 2011 1:03 pm 
Last minute I know but...... The weather is looking good and I want to get Chikamin or Maude off the short list Saturday. I can leave today or early tomorrow. I'm open to either objective via pct/mineral or Leroy/carne. I tried both in the last 2 weeks as day trips (pct/leroy) and got turned around due to time and weather just shy of the summits. Headed up to the upper chants for some relaxin and photos Sunday or Monday. I've done most of the main peaks in there. Open to an objective or two depending on time, but my main purpose is to shoot star trails and some lyalls under blue skies. I need to be back mid morning on Wednesday.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mtn.climber

mtn.climber
PostFri Oct 14, 2011 1:33 pm 
Hey Rob. I plan on doing Carne tomorrow. Been nursing a sore back, and it will be a test to see how I feel. Maybe I'll bump into you at the TH.

Reach for the sky, cuz tomorrow may never come. Live the life of love. Love the life you live.
ONELUV1

ONELUV1
PostFri Oct 14, 2011 2:09 pm 
I thought you were busy this weekend, otherwise I would have extended a formal invite. Hope your back holds up. Talked to some people at the TH and they said the Leroy hi route is in great condition and easy to follow so I may go in or out that way.

Burke M
over-caffeinated

Burke M
over-caffeinated
PostFri Oct 14, 2011 4:09 pm 
Keep your eyes peeled for the trail that branches off up to Carne, its easy to miss. I was up that way a few weeks ago and walked about a half mile past it before realizing. Its literally only a few hundred yards from the TH. If I didnt have plans tomorrow id join you because I got turned around up there a few weeks ago as well. Next time!

Hansome

Hansome
PostFri Oct 14, 2011 8:12 pm 
Hi, Rob. Long time, no see (do you remember me from Bandera a long time ago?)! I was planning to backpack this w/e, but am chickening out, as I'm seriously not comfortable sleeping in near freezing temps. mad.gif I'm debating a dayhike to carne or lake edna, so maybe i'll see u at trailhead too? have a great trip!