Forum Index > Partners > Plan B = East Fork Foss River (now a Sunday 12/18 event)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostFri Dec 16, 2011 3:00 pm 
I have no idea what the snow conditions (if any) are at the lower elevations, so I guess I'll go find out. Heading up the East Fork of the Foss River tomorrow if anyone wants to tag along. Have to work tonight, so a late-ish start tomorrow. Don't really care how far I get, just want to spend the day outside in the fresh air.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostFri Dec 16, 2011 4:25 pm 
FWIW,: Plowed to milepost 2.Wildlife closure - gated at milepost 5. http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mbs/home/?cid=stelprdb5126320

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Dec 16, 2011 8:06 pm 
Thanks for the invite. Id tag along ifn I didnt have to move stuff into storage tomorrow. Been up that Necklace Valley trail many times. Never do get tired of it.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostFri Dec 16, 2011 10:53 pm 
Elvis wrote:
FWIW,: Plowed to milepost 2.Wildlife closure - gated at milepost 5.
Thanks for the update E! up.gif (Sometimes I forget to check the obvious.)

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Dec 17, 2011 12:46 am 
WTA reports (titled Tonga Ridge) from Dec 5th and 7th say that a Pathfinder or Outback can make the road junction with the turn-off for Tonga Ridge. That may be no longer true if plowing has left a large snow berm at the railroad underpass. Anyway, what time are you thinking of heading up? hmmm.gif

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSat Dec 17, 2011 11:53 am 
Slugman wrote:
Anyway, what time are you thinking of heading up? hmmm.gif
At this point, Sluggo, I'm thinking of heading up on Sunday, since I've once again proven this morning that I cannot work late Friday night and get up in time for a winter hike on Saturday. So... I'm gonna try to leave Woodinville about 9 tomorrow (Sunday) morning.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Dec 17, 2011 2:19 pm 
Tomorrow I have appointments with bruins, sea eagles, minutemen and wild horses. hmmm.gif