Forum Index > Partners > Coast trip Feb 18-20
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
kayakbear

kayakbear
PostTue Feb 07, 2012 2:21 pm 
A tentative trip plan just fell through for presidents day weekend. Anyone up for 3 days on the coast somewhere? Where were thinking of a thru hike with a shuttle, but I'm open to ideas. Really I just have 3 days off and want to get out again.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Wolfman

Wolfman
PostTue Feb 07, 2012 5:00 pm 
Shucks kayakbear, I will be finishing at Shi Shi on the 17th and 18th. My truck will be parked in Forks, but I would welcome any company at Shi Shi. And if I had a ride to Forks I could stay until Sunday. No buses on Sunday. See my thread Mid Winter Coast Hike Let me know if that would be of interest to you. Wolfman

renegadepilgrim

renegadepilgrim
PostWed Feb 08, 2012 2:51 am 
I was going to head south near Roseburg, OR to do the North Umpqua river area. There's a trail with low elevation, hugs the river, and primitive camping...however, I might be interested in heading north and doing something on the Washington coast...I am free the whole weekend, just need to be home by Monday night at some point. Let me know what your plans are....

_____________________________ Travel Blog: http://renegadepilgrim.com Trail Reports: http://wenthiking.com/renegadepilgrim Instagram: renegadepilgrim
kayakbear

kayakbear
PostWed Feb 08, 2012 9:15 am 
Great thanks for the interest guys! Let me think of a plan and I'll let you know what I come up with. Wolfman, I'll look over your plan, but I was at Shi Shi this last July so I'd like to head somewhere different. Renegadpilgrim that actually sounds like a great trip but its a bit too far for me for a 3 day trip. Too bad, sounds like fun. I'll keep you all posted!