Forum Index > Partners > Looking for Backpacking Partners. ONP, Mt Rainier, Puget Snd
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gavin37396

gavin37396
PostThu May 03, 2012 11:04 am 
Hey everyone! New to the site, been lurking a little bit and figured I'd throw this up here. I'm a 29 year old engaged male. Not new to backpacking, but transitioning from traditional (heavy) to lighter weight equipment. I do carry a tent (Kelty Crestone 2), and probably will since I like a little privacy and extra shelter, although I'll certainly be looking at lighter options eventually. Anyways, back to the topic at hand. I'm looking for potential partners for day trips, overnights and weekends for anywhere within a few hours of Olympia WA. I'm probably not too much of a spur of the moment guy, but don't hesitate to ask, but with a girlfriend, it's nice to make plans in advance since I'm probably already busy short notice. Hmm.... what else? I'm funny, if that helps. Some places I'd like to visit are Goat Rocks, portions of the wonderland trail, enchanted Valley, High Divide. Oh, I like to take pictures, so I'm not a speed hiker. If something catches my eye, I'll take some pictures of it. With that being said, I also don't mind if whoever I'm hiking with keeps on trekking and I catch up when they take a break. Alright, I think that's enough. Feel free to email me if you think we might mesh as hiking partners. My email is gavin37396@hotmail.com. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Gavin

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
WhiskerBiscuit

WhiskerBiscuit
PostMon May 07, 2012 9:23 pm 
pm sent

jeannette

jeannette
PostThu May 17, 2012 9:31 pm 
Hello Gavin, I posted a request today(summer trips) I have been to all those places you mentioned save for Goat Rocks and would like to go there. Doesn't your fiancee hike?

gavin37396

gavin37396
PostFri May 18, 2012 8:34 am 
She does hike. We actually went and did Lake Serene a couple weekends ago. She hasn't backpacked with me (yet). I'm still gathering up some gear for her. I also don't think she'll want to go out as much as I like to go out either. So if I can find a couple people that seem cool, then I'm all the better for it. :-) Goat Rocks is actually the one I'm hoping she'll go and do with me. We have vacation in September and if we can work it out with the other stuff we want to do then I'll get her up there. Gavin

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri May 18, 2012 8:47 am 
Welcome to the site Gavin. Im free all summer. I wouldnt mind hitting up some Goat Rocks and or Oly hikes. jt_bentzen@yahoo.com

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln