Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed May 16, 2012 10:05 am 
Id like to tag along on the Image trip K. up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
xoxoHikingGirl
Deanna's Adventures!

xoxoHikingGirl
Deanna's Adventures!
PostSat May 19, 2012 10:47 am 
The Olympics sound fun!

"The mountains are calling and I must go..." ~John Muir
Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostSat May 19, 2012 7:35 pm 
Hiking Girl and any other Oly interested people: I would be willing to use my house as a base camp. It's 40-60 minutes from many great trails. It's sometimes helpful to stay there the night before backpacking/hiking as it can be a long drive coming over from Seattle and then hiking the same day. I'm planning a one nighter to Boulder Camp (with side trip to Marmot Pass and maybe up Buckhorn Mtn.) June 27-28. It depends on the weather. I'll be at the Diamond Point house (near Sequim) for a couple weeks around that time. I can't go to Nat'l Park destinations overnight because of my old dog so any overnights for me need to be forest service for a couple more years unless my hubby can babysit the dog.

yoko

yoko
PostMon May 21, 2012 11:01 pm 
I would love to do Ice Lakes. But I don't know what dates I can get off until it gets a litter closer.

yoko
Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostTue May 22, 2012 7:45 am 
I have some flexibility with dates. It all depends on the snow and weather conditions.

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostSun Jul 29, 2012 8:47 am 
Current Plans if anyone interested: 1. Have permit for two for Gladys Lake ONP for Tues night - going to do the Obstruction Loop + Obstruction Pass. One person has potentially dropped out. I doubt it's hard to get another permit in the area as there are three lakes nearby: Moose, Grand, Gladys. 2. August 7-9: Icicle Creek to Icicle Ridge and camping at Lake Mary - exploring Lakes Brigham Young, Flora, Upper Florence and Ladies Pass, Frosty Pass, Mary's Pass and possibly down the Wildhorse Trail a bit and cross country to Grace Lakes. 3. August 19-25 Holden Village - Lyman Lakes - Cloudy Pass- Suiattle Pass-Image Lake - Miner's Ridge Lookout-Suiattle Pass - Agnes Creek Trail out to Stehekin; stay at my family cabin in Stehekin for a couple nights Rest of plans would be back to Thurs night to Sun as I am back to work Aug 27.

teperilloux

teperilloux
PostMon Aug 06, 2012 9:53 am 
Hi, I have 2 weeks off work from 8/20 to 9/4. I am either: Looking do the ice lakes high route -OR- Goat rocks through hike (S to N 30 mi/3-4 days) requiring a shuttle. Looking to tag on with someone or a group - super flexible on times/dates. I saw some chatter regarding ice lakes and I've always wanted to do it but unsure about snow cover... I'm in Portland, so I would just meet at a trailhead etc.

mtn.climber

mtn.climber
PostMon Aug 06, 2012 11:02 am 
I'm hiking into Ice Lakes on Monday, Aug 20, and staying 3-4 days. Planning to enter from Leroy Creek and exit via Carne high route. Going to knock off 7FJ, Maude and possibly Spectacle while there. Anyone that has the time and flexibility can join me.

Reach for the sky, cuz tomorrow may never come. Live the life of love. Love the life you live.
jcocci

jcocci
PostMon Aug 06, 2012 12:40 pm 
He
mtn.climber wrote:
I'm hiking into Ice Lakes on Monday, Aug 20, and staying 3-4 days. Planning to enter from Leroy Creek and exit via Carne high route. Going to knock off 7FJ, Maude and possibly Spectacle while there. Anyone that has the time and flexibility can join me.
Hey, I can probably swing this. I have that whole week off, but m heading to Colorado on the 24th so would need to be back in Seattle on the 23rd, but I could always come out on my own.

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostSat Aug 11, 2012 1:32 pm 
Update: Image Lake trip is August 19-25. The plan is to reserve boat tickets to Holden and start from Holden 19th. Reserve your own boat ticket by calling Lake Chelan Boat Co 509-682-2399 from Field's Point Landing. We can carpool from Snohomish and share gas and nightly parking at the landing. Reserve trip back from Stehekin on 25th. We want to get on the Express boat. cost is approx $60 roundtrip. I need a head count by August 16 as I have to inform Holden Village how many will be on the bus from Lucerne up to the village. $10 per person in cash for the bus. First night's plan 2200 feet gain and 9 miles to Lyman Lakes. Not sure exactly the start time until Holden tells me the bus info. TRs say it's buggy and mostly snow free - quite overgrown in sections between Hart Lake and Lyman Lakes. Second Day - 6 miles with about 800 gain; 400 loss; 800 gain to Image Lake camp. Side trip of 2 miles roundtrip to Miner's Ridge Lookout planned from there. Third Day (21) - hang around/explore; then head 4 miles back to Suiattle Pass and possibly drop down Agnes Creek trail a ways toward Stehekin. We'll discuss this together. Fourth Day (22): Get as far down the 20 miles and 4000 loss to Stehekin as possible. Fifth Day (23rd): Catch the shuttle ($6 cash per person) at 9 a.m., 12:15, 3, or 6:15 down to the bakery near Stehekin Landing and stay at my family cabin (basically a wooden tent but reasonably comfortable camping). Showers, real food, hang out until 25th morning and out. 24th overnight at cabin - explore nearby hikes, bike, rent kayaks? The plan could change a bit depending on what people want to do at Image Lake. I would just like to be sure I have one to two confirmed companions for this one who won't drop out at the last minute!