Forum Index > Food & Grub > wine makers?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostThu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 am 
we got a pretty good crop of grapes this year and I wonder if anyone here makes their own? I need a good recipe to follow. Thanks for any help. ( or referals to good books about the subject.....) cool.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ree

ree
PostThu Oct 11, 2012 8:03 am 
Hey LB, I started making my own wine. I had soooo many pears and plums (how much pear bread or dehydrated pears can I possibly make?), I decided to try and make wine. I'm having a great deal of fun with it. I've learned a whole new vernacular, bought some supplies from Homebrew Heaven in Everett. At first glance, you might think that they just cater to beer makers, but they have everything you need for winemaking too - recipe books, carboys, winethiefs, yeasts, tannins, etc. Their staff is knowledgeable about wine making and very helpful. Also, I joined a winemaking forum. The folks there are very helpful and welcoming, and you can ask whatever questions you need to... they're NICE on that forum. up.gif PS - Got my recipe on the internet... but the folks on the forum probably can steer you towards a good recipe for grapes. Cheers!!!

Jimbo

Jimbo
PostTue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 am 
Home grown and home brew thread needed. How long does it take to make Wine ? I started making home brew a year ago this month. Grew my own hops. [url]http://
[/url]

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
Firestar182
Missing the PNW

Firestar182
Missing the PNW
PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:43 pm 
I'm new to homebrewing but have had lots of success with making fruit wines. I have batches of peach, blueberry, strawberry rhubarb, and mixed berry going at the moment. I really like this website for recipes. They are easy to follow and make good wine. I really enjoy wine making and find it to be a fun past-time.

"Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." — Ed Viesturs
bkellygr

bkellygr
PostTue Nov 20, 2012 9:55 pm 
I mainly make beer, but have made a few wines from fruit. I used one of Jack's (previous link) to make blackberry wine last month. I sacrificed some hiking to pick a ton of blackberries. I did an early taste a week or two ago and I can't wait!