Forum Index > Food & Grub > where to eat after lime kiln trail?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hikr

hikr
PostSat Feb 23, 2013 8:50 pm 
Hello - I'm planning on hiking Lime Kiln trail in Granite Falls and I wanted to get some advice on where to eat afterwards? I went to Issaquah Brewhouse after hiking on the East Side last weekend and really enjoyed it. I would love to find other places similar to that one in other areas. I reviewed the sticky thread here on post hike grub. I'm not sure which section I should review. At first I thought the Hwy 2 section. 1 place was in Leavenworth which I discovered through Google Maps is over 100 miles away from Granite Falls. So can you please offer some good advice on a cool place to eat and drink beer after hiking Lime Kiln trail? I'll be driving back to downtown Seattle afterwards so any place within 10 miles of that route should be fine smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schroder

Schroder
PostSat Feb 23, 2013 9:03 pm 
Granite Falls is on the Mountain Loop Highway. There aren't many choices still in business up that way.

hikr

hikr
PostSat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 pm 
@schroder - thanks for the heads up. I'll be driving back to downtown Seattle from Granite Falls. Can you think of any good post hike pubs within a 10 mile radius of that route?

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostSat Feb 23, 2013 9:49 pm 
In Granite Falls there is two Mexican Restaurants. Playa Bonita and Los Flamingo. Two paces to get Pizza...Omega Pizza & Pasta and Alfys. Teriyaki Cafe, and Teriyaki Wok. Ike's Drive In, Timerline Cafe, Subway, McDonalds gag.gif I know i forgetting one or two others. irked.gif

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSun Feb 24, 2013 9:21 pm 
Los Flamingos is shut down (I updated the sticky). Timberline is still closed for remodeling (though it doesn't look like they've done anything since it closed). hikr, the Granite Falls area falls within the Mountain Loop section of the post hike grub thread.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon May 20, 2013 10:01 pm 
Playa Bonita is good! I used to like the Flamingo place but it went downhill, not that surprising it went out of business.