Forum Index > Trail Talk > Missing - Mountain Loop.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostWed Nov 11, 2015 5:41 pm 
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20151111/NEWS01/151119790

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
fishonjoe

fishonjoe
PostWed Nov 11, 2015 8:01 pm 
From what I've read so far, his vehicle was found near Green Mtn.?

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostThu Nov 12, 2015 3:57 am 
Yep, off the 41/Grn. Mtn. Road. Maybe two mile up. (?)

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Nov 12, 2015 5:53 am 
Was the vehicle dumped there after a carjacking ? Or a dozen other scenarios. Tough case.

Frango

Frango
PostThu Nov 12, 2015 9:48 am 
As a smallish woman who regularly hikes alone, I have to say I've never liked the green mountain road much - it seems to attract a lot of the people and activity that I prefer to steer clear of. This case is just one more reason for me to pick my hiking areas carefully, and to continue my monthly target practice at Norpoint. Hope the guy is found OK.

Nisquaww
Hot balls

Nisquaww
Hot balls
PostThu Nov 12, 2015 11:35 am 
Not a good ending. http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Police-Missing-Granite-Falls-man-murdered-suspect-identified-346923562.html

"Why do you have a beard?" "I don't have a beard. It's just the light; it plays funny tricks." ~ Shel Silverstein
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Nov 12, 2015 3:25 pm 
could that story reek any more of methamphetamine? The Meth Loop Highway.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Nov 12, 2015 4:15 pm 
True, but profiling GFalls as "The Meth Capital of Wa" is inaccurate. Arlington imho is worse, Everett, Marysville...Heroin and Meth are a Nation Wide epidemic.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Nov 12, 2015 4:37 pm 
I've been hiking along the MLH routinely for the last 20 years. I have yet to be in a situation anywhere along there where I felt threatened or in danger. There was the unfortunate double homicide with a mom and daughter 10 or 15 years ago and now this, but I wanted to put in my $.02 so that people don't think it's totally unsafe to head out that way.

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostFri Nov 13, 2015 8:42 am 
So the take away is don't burglarize your crazy neighbors house for drug money?

hikersarenumber1

hikersarenumber1
PostFri Nov 13, 2015 8:45 am 
Ringangleclaw wrote:
That's pretty insensitive. I do not think that it has been confirmed that the victim committed any crimes.

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostFri Nov 13, 2015 9:02 am 
hikersarenumber1 wrote:
Ringangleclaw wrote:
That's pretty insensitive. I do not think that it has been confirmed that the victim committed any crimes.
More. The truth is not insensitive.
Quote:
GRANITE FALLS — Human remains found Wednesday off the Mountain Loop Highway are believed to be those of Andrew Spencer, who has been missing for more than a week. Spencer, 31, of Granite Falls, last was seen Nov. 3. His death is being investigated as a homicide, said Shari Ireton, spokeswoman for the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office. Detectives have identified the suspect as George Hatt Jr., 49. Hatt is believed to be on the run in California. He reportedly shot Spencer, then burned and buried his body in the area of 133rd Street NE. Investigators believe the two had a dispute earlier this month over Spencer allegedly stealing something from Hatt. Both men and several others reportedly had been squatting on the property, and the men knew each other, Ireton said.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Nov 13, 2015 9:55 am 
I spoke with the man who found the bodies of the two women. He was on scene 30 minutes after they were shot. It was a disturbing story to be sure, but it didnt change how I visited the Mountain Loop.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
hikersarenumber1

hikersarenumber1
PostFri Nov 13, 2015 10:13 am 
Ringangleclaw wrote:
hikersarenumber1 wrote:
Ringangleclaw wrote:
More. The truth is not insensitive.
Quote:
GRANITE FALLS — Human remains found Wednesday off the Mountain Loop Highway are believed to be those of Andrew Spencer, who has been missing for more than a week. Spencer, 31, of Granite Falls, last was seen Nov. 3. His death is being investigated as a homicide, said Shari Ireton, spokeswoman for the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office. Detectives have identified the suspect as George Hatt Jr., 49. Hatt is believed to be on the run in California. He reportedly shot Spencer, then burned and buried his body in the area of 133rd Street NE. Investigators believe the two had a dispute earlier this month over Spencer allegedly stealing something from Hatt. Both men and several others reportedly had been squatting on the property, and the men knew each other, Ireton said.
You are aware of the definition of allegedly, yes? The man was murdered. He had a mother and children and probably other friends and family that cared about him and now he is gone with no more chances to right any wrongs or tell his story or try to care for his family. He didn't deserve to be murdered and now that he is dead he deserves basic respect. He was a real human.

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostFri Nov 13, 2015 10:33 am 
I never said that murder was OK. My point is that almost all these murders and unsolved disapearances in eastern Snohomish county and thereabouts is internecine violence amoung the same set. If you look at the numbers, it's pretty shocking at the number in an area of relatively modest population. This crime apparently happened around Granite Falls, where Colton White and Angela Gilbert disapeared and/or died. Add to that Keith Anderson, Patty Kreigel and more, and one has to wonder what is going on there.