Forum Index > Trail Talk > "A Major Snowstorm Will Hit the Region Starting Late Friday"
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
geyer

geyer
PostThu Feb 07, 2019 2:43 pm 
Latest models only show the Sound area getting 4-6". East-central washington and the N Olympics could get about a foot, which isn't crazy for the mountains... Snow accumulation visual

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostThu Feb 07, 2019 3:58 pm 
I've seen others mentioning '96 as if it was a milestone dump, so maybe it was. I was calibrated differently then so can't be sure w/o actually looking it up which I'm not gonna do smile.gif

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Feb 07, 2019 4:01 pm 
Chances of a safe drive from Seattle to Cabin Creek Saturday morning? And of finding good trail there? (If it snows for hours after they groom, it's slow as molasses.)

Mikey

Mikey
PostThu Feb 07, 2019 6:47 pm 
Cyclopath. I suspect it will be possible for a 4x4 with snow tires and clearance (like a full-sized pickup) should do OK. However, I suspect I-90 might be closed because of one or more jack-knifed semi-trucks on I-90. The trucks try to go through even when the conditions are bad (ie lots of snow). It seems the WSP and WSDOT close Snoqualmie Pass much faster than they did long ago and this might be because semi-tractors towing 2 trailers are more common today whereas many years ago there were none. I remember once I drove my 3/4 ton GMC from Vantage west on I-90 for a long distance on the shoulder in order to get by a jack-knifed semi blocking both west-bound lanes.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Feb 07, 2019 11:10 pm 
I have Bob Seger tickets for Saturday night! It better not snow! I don't know what I'll do about it, but I repeat - it better not snow!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Damian

Damian
PostThu Feb 07, 2019 11:16 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
I have Bob Seger tickets for Saturday night!
I hope the cold weather doesn't affect his oxygen tanks.

thunderhead

thunderhead
PostFri Feb 08, 2019 9:43 am 
Model totals bumped a little this morning. SNOWPOCADOOM!!!! WHITE WALKERS!!!! YETIS!!! IMPERIAL SOLDIERS HAVE ENTERED THE BASE!!!

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Feb 08, 2019 10:41 am 
Anybody know if they're planning to groom the Burke Gilman Trail?

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Feb 08, 2019 10:44 am 
Funny how Seatteites typically wipe out grocery store shelves just prior to a snow forecast, they act like they will be housebound for 2 weeks, when it's almost always a day or two and the snow's pretty much melted. Whako's!

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
geyer

geyer
PostFri Feb 08, 2019 10:51 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Funny how Seatteites typically wipe out grocery store shelves just prior to a snow forecast, they act like they will be housebound for 2 weeks, when it's almost always a day or two and the snow's pretty much melted. Whako's!
I'm not sure if there are just that many seattlites who typically don't cook for themselves or people are really just that loco

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Feb 08, 2019 10:54 am 
Damian wrote:
Kim Brown wrote:
I have Bob Seger tickets for Saturday night!
I hope the cold weather doesn't affect his oxygen tanks.
Bite me. You're older than he is. Probably. At least you act like it when you're not acting like a big baby!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Feb 08, 2019 11:59 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
You say that like there's a downside to having a week's worth of tacos.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Feb 08, 2019 12:02 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Last night was completely nuts. Milk and water aisles almost barren. Long lines down every aisle to check out. Costco, Safeway, Fred Meyer. Didn't matter
Fred Meyer Self Checkout at 8 PM
Fred Meyer Self Checkout at 8 PM

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Feb 08, 2019 12:33 pm 
Why water? I am always puzzled by these panics, but then I did not fill up with gas when we were cut off by floods and paid for it. On the other hand, there wasn't anywhere to drive.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostFri Feb 08, 2019 12:37 pm 
Its about to be comin down HEAVY!!! BIG Snow. Flakes in your eyes!!!! Everyone lookin like the michelin man in those coats