Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Only first 300 photos seen in google album
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
neek

neek
PostMon Jun 05, 2023 11:12 am 
Ran into this a few times - when selecting pics from a google photo album, only the first 300 are displayed. To work around it I've resorted to creating multiple albums. Multiple API calls required? Sample album with 400 or so photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZrUJzwaT4oUkhwbK9

testaccount
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jun 06, 2023 10:53 pm 
We don't use API calls for google photos, we just inspect the html source and look for ["https:// followed by ", and grab the image links in between the quotes. If you do that you can see it only provides the first 300 photos, and then presumably dynamically adds more as you scroll the page. If anyone has any ideas to scrape the additional information without resorting to a complicated library let me know. There is a lot of red tape to be able use the google API so not really worth the effort to go that route.

neek

neek
PostWed Jun 07, 2023 5:37 am 
Yeah, that sounds like a pain. Just thought I'd check in case it was something easy. It's probably best to just create an album with exactly the photos I want to post. Thanks!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jun 07, 2023 6:38 am 
I'm sure it isn't that hard to do if you have expertise in scraping / inspecting network traffic as the page loads all the images. Maybe someone with expertise here can look at your shared album link and see if they can grab more than 300. Unfortunately php doesn't have very good scraping tools and being on a shared server it's not easy to use some of the libraries out there.

testaccount

testaccount
PostTue Jul 04, 2023 9:48 pm 
Hello Neek, Were you ever able to find a solution for this ? I am building something to track a long term project and just ran into this 300 images issue. I like your idea of creating a completely different album ( 300 at a time ), but wanted to see if there is a better solution out there. `googleapis` felt a bit tedious to use and implement, hence trying to use simple data gathering from the album url. BTW, the images in your album look terrific ! Looks like a serious expedition. Thanks