Forum Index > The Trading Post > SOLD - Klymit Light Water Dinghy Pack Raft
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dante

Dante
PostThu Jun 22, 2023 10:25 am 
SALE PENDING SOLD "Rutal Locura Special Edition" (grey top with black bottim). New without packaging. Never used. $120 OBO + shipping.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Worthington

Worthington
PostThu Sep 21, 2023 8:51 am 
Did this sell? I'm looking for something like this. Thanks

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Sep 21, 2023 8:56 am 
They are a good price but imo a poor design. Odd shape and the air valve at least on the one I borrowed is back behind your head so difficult to reach. I wanted to let some air out because it had expanded a lot on a hot day. On the Curtis it has an inner bladder where you take off the cap and then have to push on the inner valve to release air. Not so on the Klymit, I pulled the plug and it nearly completely deflated in seconds, damn near put me in the drink.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Dante

Dante
PostThu Sep 21, 2023 9:17 am 
Edited OP to update. If I were going to replace my pack rafts, I'd look consider these: https://www.garagegrowngear.com/collections/supai-adventure-gear

JPH

JPH
PostThu Sep 21, 2023 10:55 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
They are a good price but imo a poor design. Odd shape and the air valve at least on the one I borrowed is back behind your head so difficult to reach. I wanted to let some air out because it had expanded a lot on a hot day. On the Curtis it has an inner bladder where you take off the cap and then have to push on the inner valve to release air. Not so on the Klymit, I pulled the plug and it nearly completely deflated in seconds, damn near put me in the drink.
Might have worked more like you were thinking if you had opened the inflate side and stuck your finger in to push the little flap to let out some air without dumping the deflate side. I bought this raft from Dante and used it for the first time last weekend. It was a lot of fun, but I definitely don't have the technique yet to get in without filling the boat with water. lol. I also gave myself a bit of a rash on my arms from my forearms rubbing on the raft when paddling with frisbees. lessons learned!

Dante

Dante
PostThu Sep 21, 2023 1:43 pm 
I never got around to trying the Klymit raft. I bought it so I'd have a pack raft to lend to a hiking partner who didn't have one, but the opportunity never presented itself. Getting in and out of a pack raft is the hard part. I always looked for a flat rock or sandy spot a couple inches below the surface. Then I'd position the foot of the raft over that spot. Next, I'd squat down, put my hands on the gunwales, then sit back into the raft as gently as possible. Getting your gear into the raft with you is tricky, too. The whole process is worth it though if they alternate is brush busting around a lake (assuming that's even possible). The Supai raft looks a lot like the Curtis Designs raft, but adds a tube and one way valve which makes it even easier to add air when the cold water causes the air inside the raft to contract.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Sep 21, 2023 4:32 pm 
JPH wrote:
Might have worked more like you were thinking if you had opened the inflate side and stuck your finger in to push the little flap to let out some air without dumping the deflate side.
Don't recall that it had and inflate and deflate valve, maybe but it was quite a while ago, and I only used it one time on a loan.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.