Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Trouble Viewing Pictures posted here
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon
PostThu Jul 06, 2023 2:36 pm 
This has probably been covered somewhere. When I am in the office, or VPN to work from home, I can not view pictures. I assume it is some kind of setting with my corporate network / VPN, but I only have this issue with nwhikers.net. Wondering if it is something I can tweak in my browser settings... Is there something unique on how the pics are hosted here? Thanks in advance!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Jul 06, 2023 10:28 pm 
Is there a way to get a new IP with your VPN? I've noticed this too with a VPN I use but it goes away if I change to another IP. I thought it had to do with the IP somehow getting blacklisted since evildoers may have used the same VPN and IP to get it flagged. Not sure why your work VPN would be blacklisted though. Could be they are blocking www.nwhikers.org (the photo host). See what message you get clicking on the link. It should display current time.

Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon
PostTue Jul 18, 2023 12:04 pm 
Thanks Tom, you nailed it!
I have actually had this problem ever since I joined this site. No pics from corporate LAN or when I am VPN for work. I find it odd that I have never noticed the issue with any other site. So, Tom, it seems to me that all you need to do is set up another site to host our pics! wink.gif Thanks!