Forum Index > Partners > Looking for Ski Partners
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
dacker
little black dots

dacker
little black dots
PostMon Nov 20, 2023 4:51 pm 
This is aimed at any of my long-time hiking partners in Snohomish or King Counties who regularly ski at Snoqualmie Summit, where I have bought a “super senior” season pass and am looking for some ski partners. After a 25-year hiatus, I have taken the plunge and geared up for a return to the sport of downhill skiing. I have been cross-country skiing with my spousal unit Tae for several years, but she isn’t interested in learning to downhill ski, so I am hoping to find some new partners since skiing with someone else is much more fun than hitting the slopes solo. Things to know are: My run choices will be limited, at least for a while. After such a long time away, I will have to limit myself to green and blue runs until I can get back in shape for black runs, which I used to ski regularly, “back in the day.” I also need to get used to the new style of equipment. Although I keep busy with my music business (https://dackermusic.com), I have long ago retired from a “day job” and prefer the uncrowded slopes and shorter lift lines of weekdays, although I could be persuaded to occasionally go on weekends. I live in South Everett and could meet in any of the P&R lots along I-5, I-405, or I-90. Please message me if you are interested/available. Thanks!

We don't stop hiking because we grow old; we grow old because we stop hiking. --Finis Mitchell
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schroder

Schroder
PostMon Nov 20, 2023 5:06 pm 
No love for Stevens Pass?

dacker
little black dots

dacker
little black dots
PostMon Nov 20, 2023 5:18 pm 
No "super senior" season pass available there! frown.gif

We don't stop hiking because we grow old; we grow old because we stop hiking. --Finis Mitchell
Schroder

Schroder
PostMon Nov 20, 2023 5:24 pm 
dacker wrote:
No "super senior" season pass available there! frown.gif
Yes there is. It's hard to find on their website - much easier to get in person.

dacker
little black dots

dacker
little black dots
PostMon Nov 20, 2023 5:51 pm 
Thanks. I’ll check it out! biggrin.gif Update: found and bought Stevens Pass senior pass! Anyone responding to this, I can now go to both Snoqualmie and Stevens! cool.gif Thanks, Schroder for the tip!

dacker
little black dots

dacker
little black dots
PostThu Nov 23, 2023 12:05 am 
Update to my “looking for skiing partners” post. It sounds like I am only looking for partners whom I have hiked with who already know me, but I am also very open to meeting some new partners for skiing. Also, I am not limited Snoqualmie as I now also have a season pass at Stevens Pass. So please message me if you would like to hook up. Thanks!