Forum Index > Partners > hiking musicians?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
pula58

pula58
PostThu Mar 14, 2024 8:58 am 
I am a musician...but would rather spend weekends in the mountains. So, it is challenging to find other musicians to play with since most music seems to happen on weekends. On weekends I'd rather be backpacking with my wife! Any good musicians out there of like mind? Who want to play/practice on weekday evenings? I play guitar (electric) and sing. 30 years + experience, Berklee music school, etc. looking for bass, drums, and acoustic guitar player. To work-up a repertoire. We'd practice during the week! Goal: for our own enjoyment, and possible small gigs here and there. My songs are kind of reggae-ish, a little jazzy, a little bluesy, a little grateful Dead-ish......Bob Dylan is an influence, Jerry Garcia, and many other guitar players. We would NOT play super loud (please, no hearing damage) and would know how to show restraint and tastefulness! Send me a PM if interested!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sticky buns

sticky buns
PostSat Mar 16, 2024 11:00 pm 
I feel your challenge! Good luck with a solution! I've always wondered if I could find some band that might play in Alpine huts while a van would transport our instruments and we could hike along. Or maybe some llama groupies who'd carry the gear in the PNW. Thankfully, my current group -- I play clarinet with a tango ensemble, so different style than you -- has switched to weekday practices and only occasional weekend gigs.

pula58, RichP
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Mar 17, 2024 5:42 pm 
Wade63 here is a musician, he has a small guitar that he brings backpacking.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

pula58
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostWed Mar 20, 2024 5:20 pm 
I prefer to hike mid week and play music on weekends. My band "Uncle Ron's Band" plays 1-2 times a month. We're already filling up our summer schedule, Peace Concert, private parties, Oxford in Snohomish along with our every 2nd Friday gig at the 192 Brewery in Kenmore. During the summer months there is an outdoor stage. We've played a party right on the banks of the Middle Fork 3 years running. We had a gig at the Snorting Elk in April of 2020, but covid canceled it.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.

Chief Joseph
pula58

pula58
PostWed Mar 20, 2024 6:24 pm 
coldrain...and snow? Uncles "Rons" band...LOL..Gosh darn do I declare...I am detecting a nice theme! That's right up my alley if you guys want to jam some time. I would rate myself as extremely skilled in that genre.