Forum Index > Trail Talk > David Breashears, American Mountaineer and Filmmaker, Dead at 68
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostSat Mar 16, 2024 12:18 am 
No cause of death given, but surprising at 68yo. Anyway, I enjoyed some of his film work. He summited Everest five times. From the Obit: "In his lifetime, David climbed to the summit of Mt. Everest five times, including an ascent with the IMAX camera in 1996. He combined his passion for climbing and photography to become one of the world’s most admired adventure filmmakers. What fulfilled him the most – where he’d want his legacy to lie – is his non-profit organization, GlacierWorks, which he founded in 2007 to highlight the Himalayan glaciers through art, science, and adventure. With GlacierWorks, he used his climbing and photography experience to create unique records revealing the dramatic effects of climate change on the historic mountain range." Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
thunderhead

thunderhead
PostTue Mar 19, 2024 10:32 am 
Damn. Dude was an icon of American mountaineering. RIP.

pula58

pula58
PostTue Mar 19, 2024 3:15 pm 
Oh...so sad..I am so sorry to hear of David's demise. RIP David, and condolences to all his family and friends.