Forum Index > Gear Talk > Wanted: Optimus/Primus box stove
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostWed Jan 19, 2005 9:54 pm 
I'm looking to buy an old Primus/Optimus single burner stove - one of the ones in a self contained box for a boat trip on Ross Lake next Summer. Broken ones considered. Will pay fair price. Thank's moon.gif

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
marzsit
Dork

marzsit
Dork
PostThu Jan 20, 2005 4:33 am 
what model are you looking for? -8r is the smallest, no pump (self-pressurizing), roarer burner -99 is an aluminum-cased version of the 8r -111-series are the big boys, have pumps, various burners -22b is a 2-burner version of the 111b (roarer burners) i have a late-model 111c, lightly used, that i'd be willing to sell for $50. this is the triple-fuel version, silent burner, but i lost the gasoline/kerosene jet so you'd need to buy a new one.. currently it's set up to burn alcohol, which it does quite well.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostThu Jan 20, 2005 11:19 am 
Model 111
Hi Marzsit, Thank's for getting back. The model 111 that you mentioned would work fine for our trip. I drive through Renton many times a week and I can meet you at your convience.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.