Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Voice communications via your computer with Skype
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostFri Feb 04, 2005 8:18 pm 
Has anyone heard of this application called Skype? With your computer you can communicate with others using the same program over the internet. All you need is an internet connection with a microphone and speaker connected to your computer, or a USB phone or USB headset. Then you can communicate with anyone anywhere in the world. The application is a free download and it works on Windows, Mac, and Linix platforms. When I downloaded the program this morning the program had been down loaded 61,875, 035 times. When I went back to the site it had been downloaded 62,305,047 times. Can you believe this, no more long distance charges. A friend and I have already used this program and it worked perfectly. Heres the link to the main page: http://www.skype.com/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm 
I've used Roger Wilco for years for realtime voice communication during online gaming. Nothing new about that. If you didn't have 40+ posts already, I'd have deleted that as spam. huh.gif

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostFri Feb 04, 2005 8:40 pm 
Sounds like one dont it dizzy.gif Yahoo Messengar has the same thing, along with every other messengar feature.

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostFri Feb 04, 2005 8:40 pm 
MCaver wrote:
I've used Roger Wilco for years for realtime voice communication during online gaming. Nothing new about that. If you didn't have 40+ posts already, I'd have deleted that as spam. huh.gif
I have a MacIntosh system and have not been afforded some of the privileges that Window box users have. So this is news to me. My intention was to share with others something I felt was unique and benefical. If you deem this inappropriate for this site please feel free to remove my post. I will not be offended.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Feb 04, 2005 8:55 pm 
It's just a participator of the site informing others of software they found useful, and in the proper forum even. Nothing wrong with that. But the way it's worded, it sounds just like spam. tongue.gif

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Feb 04, 2005 9:23 pm 
could we voice chat in real time all at once? ya know, this stuff is getting really weird. imagine going to the board to post and it's like talking at a party, but in cyberspace.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostFri Feb 04, 2005 9:36 pm 
We all could converance and do it. Most of them only allow one person at a time talk...... We have WAY to many long winded members to do that I think tongue.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostSat Feb 05, 2005 12:15 am 
It's not Skype, but I'm a newfound fan of Voice Over IP communication...here's a link to my heartfelt "tester-moanial" in the deals thread.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
BarePaw
Barefoot Hiker

BarePaw
Barefoot Hiker
PostSat Feb 05, 2005 1:09 am 
I've been using a webcam and microphone that lets me talk to and see my relatives overseas for some time now through MSN messenger. I used to do it through Yahoo messenger. I'm sure the other messenger services have the same capabilities.

touron

touron
PostMon Feb 07, 2005 1:09 am 
Here's something kind of interesting. Just when commercial radio is getting stodgy along comes podcasting.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.