Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Vee day Swag?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 12:05 am 
Scored a copy of Blazing Saddles, an all time fave biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jeepasaurusrex

Jeepasaurusrex
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 12:34 am 
"Where are the white women!?!" toothless.gif

"I would like to see things from your point of view, but I cannot get my head that far up my butt"
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 5:09 am 
You lucky bum. It's gotta be one of the best. I'll always remember when they pulled out the RR car from the quicksand and left the guy. A great cast also. I give it up.gif up.gif Newt

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 8:23 am 
Scored a bootleg copy of Hank III Live, at some boozehall. My beau got tix for the Hank III concert at Graceland on Sunday, but I was a sick puppy and couldn't go! So he gave me the CD and a Hank III shoulder patch souvenir. He wouldn't gimme his Hank III "Hellbilly" license plate frame. I didn't expect him to do that for me, though - Valentine's Day ain't Gabriel blowin' his horn, afterall. It's just a day. I got other neat stuff too but I won't go into that. We did do some steppin out at the Sunset Tavern Friday night tho. Went to see Moot Davis. We've been looking forward to it for awhile. Man, that dude kicks. Tight. Sounds like he walked right outta a honkey-tonk, circa 1948. There ain't nuthin' comin' outta Nashville like that anymore. Nope. I'm afraid next time ole Moot comes to town, it'll be a bigger venue.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Mount Logan
Canada's Highest

Mount Logan
Canada's Highest
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 9:07 am 
Northern Exposure-Season One on DVD! And an awesome salmon dinner!

Dogpatch

Dogpatch
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 9:20 am 
Quark wrote:
Scored a bootleg copy of Hank III Live
Hank III rules! Me and Campking saw him at some place up on Capitol Hill a while back. He did a country set first, and after a break, went into punk/metal set. It was just great. But I really seriously NEED a Hellbilly license plate holder--now that I know one exists. So V-Day: my sweetheart CK gave me some cookies, and I gave him a bunch of organic carrots. (We do a low-key Valentines Day--but we have fun.)

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." – Groucho Marx
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 9:29 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Scored a copy of Blazing Saddles, an all time fave biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
DVD I hope. I've been collecting them for a while now. Definitely have that one too.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
WTCrocker

WTCrocker
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 10:47 am 
We listened to some Hank I, and got Metrosexual on the couch.

This the year!!
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 11:34 am 
Oh yea, Valentine's Day...

Trevor

Trevor
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 11:39 am 
For valentine's day I worked, then relaxed with the reassuring thought that I didn't have to run out and purchase something to fulfill somebody's temporary desires.

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 11:56 am 
I have a friend who's wife had been complaining about wanting to lose some weight. So he bought her one of those exercise balls for Valentine's Day. Dumbass. His life is now hell.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Dogpatch

Dogpatch
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 12:08 pm 
kleet wrote:
So he bought her one of those exercise balls for Valentine's Day. Dumbass. His life is now hell.
Wow--that was truly misguided. Sort of takes the breath away. I hope you have a doghouse in your backyard--your friend might need a place to stay.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." – Groucho Marx
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 1:39 pm 
We just went out to dinner. It was nice to see all of the other locals at Milano's. up.gif

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 1:40 pm 
Trevor wrote:
For valentine's day I worked, then relaxed with the reassuring thought that I didn't have to run out and purchase something to fulfill somebody's temporary desires.
That's how I used to feel about birthday presents and Valentine's Day, but my old room mate once pointed out that there's enjoyment to giving gifts to people you care about because you like to see them smile (notice I said give, not BUY). It's not the thing that makes them happy; its the fact that you thought of them. For a dumb kid, he sure was smarter than me. People who gloat and parade their expensive gifts about for all to see and barf over give these things a bad name. Dogpatch and Kampcing traded carrots. Not karats, carrots. That's what it's all about. It's not all about $ to fulfill temporary desires. It's something fun to do, is all. If my buddy forgot about Valentine's Day, he would certainly not be in the doghouse. Life is too short to assign happiness to a calendar.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 1:54 pm 
Quark wrote:
If my buddy forgot about Valentine's Day, he would certainly not be in the doghouse. Life is too short to assign happiness to a calendar.
How's that exercise ball working out for ya?

A fuxk, why do I not give one?