Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Crystal repoens saturday
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Justan

Justan
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 10:01 am 
http://skicrystal.com/index.asp CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN WILL RE-OPEN SATURDAY The wait is finally over! We've received 20" of new snow since last weekend. That was just enough to make the call. We will fire up the lifts this Saturday, February 19th. The Discovery, Chinook Express, Forest Queen, Rainier Express and Green Valley lifts will run from 9am-4pm. We will remain open as long as conditions allow!

-Justan Elk
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wayupthere

wayupthere
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 6:38 pm 
awesome. Stevens Pass is also going to open on Thursday. i finally get my job back!. got my phone call yesterday asking to come back. it should be super fun.

Wazzuhiker

Wazzuhiker
PostThu Feb 17, 2005 11:40 pm 
I hope they have to close again soon, ski areas screw us all with their ridiculous lift prices. It would be nice to see them not make so much money this year

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians..," Ted Nugent
touron

touron
PostThu Feb 17, 2005 11:49 pm 
Well you could end up with what happened to the ski area at Pilchuck where it closed and never reopened again. I think running a ski area has about the same risk as running the Monte Crisco Railroad. You may have success for awhile but the weather can ruin you.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Justan

Justan
PostFri Feb 18, 2005 8:37 am 
Wazzuhiker wrote:
I hope they have to close again soon, ski areas screw us all with their ridiculous lift prices. It would be nice to see them not make so much money this year
Gosh, that’s the brightest idea I've heard this week. Lets see, the ski resorts close, putting a few thousand folks out of work and costing the resort owners and stock holders countless millions of dollars of losses. The stores that sell ski and snow board equipment/clothing/repair close, putting thousands more out of work and costing millions more in losses. The restaurants and taverns that feed and water these same skiers and snow boarders and ski resort employees also close for lack of customers. More millions of dollars and thousands of jobs gone. Even auto shops that sell snow tires and tire chains suffer from the loss as do general stores, fuel stations located by the resorts. And let use not forget all of the manufacturing, trucking, marketing and other jobs related to making ski and snowboard equipment. All those folks out of work and the hardware they use sold for scrap. And some brilliant guy smiles a bitter smile to himself because the ski resorts are finally getting payback. Yeah, real smart. Maybe we should do the same thing with theater and concerts, because theater and concerts are expensive. There go thousands more jobs and millions of $$ in buildings. Maybe we should close restaurants cause it costs a lot to eat out. Hundreds of thousands or even millions of folks out of work and the entire restaurant support industry crumbles over night. Tens of thousands of buildings across the country all put up for sale. Next, how about those national parks? It’s expensive to get into a National Park. Close em all and bulldoze the roads. Then clear cut em, cause all that lumber will help lower the cost of wood. Next how about the book industry, cause books are expensive. Gone. Heck, burn ‘em! Who needs expensive books? Next how about the entire recording industry, cause it costs lots to buy movies and music. In the trash they go. We’re on a roll. Next how about the shoe and boot industry, cause they are expensive and we can get some payback against China in the process. Clothing is next. Grocery stores right after that. And how about those pharmacies?!?!. Dang it, they charge a lot of money, too. Bulldoze the pharmacies and demolish the pharmaceutical manufacturers. Next, since there are no pharmacies, lets tear down the hospitals and even the nursing homes. Last but not least, toss the trash collecting industry into the trash. Collecting trash is expensive, after all, and even worse, folks profit from it. And of course, since society is in ruins, tear down all the schools. Who needs education, because, again, it’s expensive and folks actually profit from it. Gosh follow this brilliant logic and we are back to living short harsh lives in filthy caves because dang it folks profit from almost everything. And we can’t have that! No sir. Life is about the opportunities you take and the ones you let pass you buy. As for myself, I’ll happily pay for my seasons pass as I value the experience and the time spent on the slopes. I don’t see any reason to get bitter because someone profits from my pastimes. But what the heck, if being bitter is your joy in life, well, it’s your life!

-Justan Elk
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Feb 18, 2005 9:22 am 
ditto.gif ditto.gif Yeah, I saw a couple guys from Stevens go kidnap some innocent hiker walking down the street in Pullman grab his wallet and force him to ride the lifts. Nice
btw

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Wazzuhiker

Wazzuhiker
PostFri Feb 18, 2005 6:37 pm 
If there are people like you guys out there stupid enough to spend fifty bucks on a lift ticket go right ahead. I remember a few years ago when lift tickets were 27 bucks at Stevens, I dont know the exact percentage on inflation but I am gonna guess that its not close to a hundred percent in three or four years.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians..," Ted Nugent
polarbear

polarbear
PostFri Feb 18, 2005 8:29 pm 
Here's the Steven's rates. $28 at night in non-peak season. Still seems a little expensive. I wonder how they figure the price point. If they lowered it to $14 would they get alot more skiers?

Justan

Justan
PostFri Feb 18, 2005 8:50 pm 
Most years my pass works out to about $18 per day... winksmile.gif

-Justan Elk
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Feb 18, 2005 10:36 pm 
Wazzuhiker wrote:
I remember a few years ago when lift tickets were 27 bucks at Stevens
Yeah, and when I was in college, it was only $8 on Mondays and Tuesdays. Times change, prices go up, life goes on. Besides, it's a thousand bucks minimum to get into a rando setup with the safety gear and then you still need avy training and at least one partner. rolleyes.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
hikermike

hikermike
PostSat Feb 19, 2005 12:26 am 
I remember when they were $5 a day and everyone complained. Let's face it, their enuf desperate people out their who want to go and they'll be happy to pay.