Forum Index > Trip Reports > Ancient Lakes 3/12/05
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Seamus

Seamus
PostMon Mar 14, 2005 12:46 pm 
Myself and a few friends did a nice day-hike of Ancient Lakes this weekend. A few (very few) flowers were out, but it was certainly a beautiful day and weather. It certainly doesn't feel like 9 miles RT, but I suppose it is. I spent a fair bit of time finding incorrect paths to the top of the waterfall, but eventually figured it out. Nice views, and a fair number of decent photos. One last thing- Rattlesnakes are officially out, something I discovered when I came within 1 1/2 inches of putting my boot on one (who was thankfully exiting the area). It wasn't in a place I normally look for snakes, but I suspect it was sunning itself on the trail (this was around 4:30) before hunting that evening. All in all, a great hike to open the season with. --Seamus

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
salish

salish
PostMon Mar 14, 2005 12:51 pm 
Seamus, I was all over the coulees and mesas/buttes a couple of miles NW of Ancient Lakes on Saturday and I didn't see a single rattler, but I was thinking it was warm enough that they might come out. Ditto with the Silica Road area near the cuttoff to Frenchman Coulee. Thanks for the heads up. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message