Forum Index > Trip Reports > Andy Creek, Russell Ridge-Wm. O WA
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dslayer

Dslayer
PostMon Mar 14, 2005 2:54 pm 
This is a walk I usually make late May and early June with a chance to see some elk herd activity near Bootjack Rack and the open country around it. To reach the Andy Creek TH take the Indian Creek Rd off Hwy 12, then take the first forest service Rd to the east-maybe about a mile/mile and a half or so. Road to the trailhead is clear except for a deadfall I was able to drive under. TH is at around 4400 feet-intersects the Russell Ridge Trail at a little under 6000 then crests out about 6180 before dropping off a little into a gap as the trail approaches McNeil Peak. There is some snow on the Russell Ridge Trail once it turns to the N and the trail runs on the east side of the ridge. Andy Creek trail has no snow, no deadfalls. A few elk are in the area-it hasn't greened up much yet and may not.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
salish

salish
PostMon Mar 14, 2005 3:36 pm 
Dslayer, this area looks interesting. Did you notice if Wildcat Creek, or Little Wildcat Creek had water? Thunder Creek looks nasty. As you know I spend some time in the fall up on Bethel Ridge, Soda Springs, etc., which is pretty close. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Dslayer

Dslayer
PostTue Mar 15, 2005 8:01 am 
I can't imagine either of them not having water even later in the year.-That's some interesting and some tough country in there, i.e. Thunder Creek and Kitten Creek. I can tell you that there is less water running off Andy Creek-it slows to pretty much a trickle by summer, but is usually going pretty good right now, but it's just a trickle.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
salish

salish
PostTue Mar 15, 2005 8:57 am 
Thanks Dslayer. I'm going to make a mental note to wander around there later in the fall. I've been neglecting this whole area the past couple of years. Appreciate it. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.