Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 11:29 am 
marylou wrote:
The MSR Denalis are new and improved for Fall '03. They are narrower and have some changes to the crampon and binding design. The balance point has been moved back to reduce heel drag. Personally, I like the redesigned ones better than the old design, but they are going up in price, I think to $199. bawl.gif That said, the current Ascents might be around on closeout here prett' quick. hockeygrin.gif Wait, I just found the info. The Denali (no lifter thingy) will be $170 and the Denali Ascent (lifter thingy) wil be $199. Get the kind with the lifter thingy, it's way better.
If anyone wants a good deal on these pricey new snowshoes, use your 20% off 1 item coupon FAJHN3 at REI (members only, expires 10/13). They accept the coupon in store. Probably the best deal you'll find on them until the fall. The are a half pound heavier than the old model but perhaps this means they are more bombproof (not that I have a problem with the old model - I passed on the new ones due to the extra weight).

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 1:08 pm 
Where do you get that coupon? TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Marmot

Marmot
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 1:34 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Where do you get that coupon? TB
ON the back of their sale flyer they sent out earlier this month

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 1:40 pm 
You don't even need the coupon code. I bought a replacement filter cannister with mine. They just lopped 20% off at the register when I asked if I could use my coupon. I think that means I can still use my coupon on another item. hockeygrin.gif

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 1:49 pm 
I tried that once. It doesn't work. If you give them your member #, it shows in their database. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky! rolleyes.gif BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 2:04 pm 
Au contraire, I just checked at rei.com and it still likes the coupon for my member id. I think the catch is that the lady at the register rung it up at 20% off instead of applying the coupon.

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 2:26 pm 
Tell you what. Split it with me and I won't rat on you! tongue.gif BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Oct 10, 2003 7:46 am 
Well, I still have that bloody flyer they sent out. Hmm, I could use another pair of snowy shoes...... I think Thomas and Dante John have talked me into starting to filter too. Might have to pick me up a filter..... TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Dante

Dante
PostFri Oct 10, 2003 9:54 am 
You might also check out the factory. I don't know if they still sell stuff there, but a buddy of mine says they used to sell cosmeting and other seconds, returns, etc. there.