Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > To all those "offended" by the term Touron
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 1:29 pm 
Thanks Greg, for getting it! You help them, and shake your head when they cant see it-and pray they become hikers or backpackers eventually.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 1:39 pm 
sarbar wrote:
Thanks Greg, for getting it! You help them, and shake your head when they cant see it-and pray they become hikers or backpackers eventually.
shakehead.gif AAAAAAAACK! For the first time in my life I'm speechless! shakehead.gif

foggy

foggy
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 1:40 pm 
sarbar wrote:
I do have a twisted sense of humor.
agree.gif

switchback

switchback
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 1:46 pm 
sarbar - If your referring to me. I have read some of your other posts. However, the ones on this thread show you to be an elitist snob and a braggart. Actually I have a great sense of humor, and it sounds like you do as well. These traits are not mutually exclusive however. I do not know what you are talking about when you say you thought about responding to my call on partners. I'm confused about that one. Your last comment about not judging you because you have not judged me is absolutely ludicrous. You open yourself up to judgment by openly judging strangers yourself. Realize the stuff you post can be seen as being hypocritical.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 1:55 pm 
I had gotten your screen name mixed up in my head of another poster who lives over on the pennisula who was looking for partners to hike with. But whatever on that. I do take offense to being called an "elitist snob' I am NOT ONE SO GET OVER IT! The freaking reason I even posted this thread orginally was to explain the word touron from another thread. If you idiots want to read into my post that I am some freak snob on the trail then read all you want. If you hiked with me, you would realize I am so far from being that way. You can have whatever opinion you want, but it is amamzing that some of you can only copy what the first says and keep calling me an 'elitist' Talk about orginality! But I am not ashamed to admit that I despise trail idiots-the ones I described at the start of this thread.

switchback

switchback
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:07 pm 
It amazes me that you can think were just copying the first guy that called you elitist, instead of thinking, "Gee, maybe I am coming off a little snobby! I wonder what I could have said differently that would have got my point across without sounding condescending?" Anyway, I really didn't want this to turn into a battle royale. I will be glad to shake hands and walk away from this as my misunderstanding. We may see each other on the trail someday!

Phil

Phil
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:13 pm 
Eric wrote:
You can bag on tourons and if it truly is meant in fun, rather than the condescending tone that I perceive it to be, then it is all good and I retract what I say. And even if not, you're still entitled to your opinion. I would certainly laugh at the guy who asked what time they let the animals out as well.
Along these lines one of my favorite stories comes from a hike up towards the cat walk on PCT. Some woman had her poodle puppy loose on the trail. Ahead of this party, a small rock slide occurred. The poodle pursued the falling rocks, only to be struck by the rocks and to cartwheel down the slope. Poodle owner, shrieking, slipped and slid downslope apparently to rescue the poodle. Poodle then ran back up slope to the trail, leaving owning panting in a cloud od dust, up to her ankles in scree. Funny!

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:16 pm 
lol.gif Oh Quark, if only you had known me 4 years ago.......hiking is what has made me healthy physically, but lord do my joints ache at night, and I am only 30. I need hiking poles to come down steep trails......I am no superhuman when it comes to being in shape-I wish! Nope, I am a normal average hiker who doesn't go to the gym or lift weights. yep, I have thunder thighs and I still need to lose more weight. So no, I am not lucky-I was in such bad shape 6 years ago when I had my son, i had to have him 5 weeks early to prevent the chance of my Toxemia killing us. At my heaviest I weighed 232 lbs. I had high blood pressure and I could not walk more than 1/10th of a mile without being beet red in the face. I still have varicose veins that itch after long trips to show what being unhealthy does to you. I am proud of what I can do now-but I still hike with others who cannot. I have hiked trails with one of my best hiking partners who is very slow-5 miles, 4 hours, because I love her company more than anything else. I encourage almost everybody I know in my life to embrace the outdoors and get out there. So I like to knock on tourons? It still does not make me a snob or an elitist! PS: I never said anything about spraypainting rocks or tipping over outhouses-where did you get that?

whistlingmarmot
Sustainable Resource

whistlingmarmot
Sustainable Resource
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:27 pm 
I saw a guy wearing a beenie on the trail one day. Didn't see him carrying a poodle though. Some days I get tired of hiking, and go on a drive. I may stop and take photos, but I keep moron behavior to a minimum.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:41 pm 
sarbar wrote:
If you idiots want to...
Very nice. huh.gif

Phil

Phil
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:45 pm 
whistlingmarmot wrote:
I saw a guy wearing a beenie on the trail one day. Didn't see him carrying a poodle though. Some days I get tired of hiking, and go on a drive. I may stop and take photos, but I keep moron behavior to a minimum.
I once saw two parties of self-proclaimed wilderness experts come to shoves over who is supposed to yield the trail, up- or down-traveling parties! No kidding. Funny! That was almost better than the cartwheeling poodle. For my part, I was a boy scout so I have years of backcountry moronic behavior to account for. This makes it easy for me to tolerate the crazy stuff you can see in the woods today without throwing around good-bad value judgements about a person's character as if I'm a mindreader or something.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:54 pm 
I didn't call anybody elitist! I was talking about a frame of mind that I have noticed in myself and others at times. The point to bringing it up was awareness, that's all. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:55 pm 
Don't worry, BPJ, I wasn't referring to you.

C Dog

C Dog
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:57 pm 
sarbar wrote:
Tourists that travel long distances, stop to take a photo, but don't get pout of their vehicles.
Hey, fewer people on the trail. Certainly doesn't make me pout. wink.gif

// Chris Duval // WashingtonHikes.com //
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 3:29 pm 
She needs a new keyboard! The old one is apparently missing some keys. hockeygrin.gif